رخص القيادة و إجراءاتها | دليل مدينة دبي | بيت.كوم
Driving licenses can be obtained by adult UAE citizens/residents after training from an authorized driving school in Dubai. If you are 18-21 year of age, you can apply for a probationary license.
If you have never driven before nor have a driving license that is not on the approved list of 36 countries then you must undergo training.
A Passport (original & copy) with residence stamp, No-Objection Certificate from employer & 8 photos are the required documents.
Authorized Driving Schools
Al Ahli Driving School-04-3411500 (8 branches)http://www.alahlidubai.com
Belhasa Driving School - 04-3243535 (18 branches)http://www.bdc.ae
Dubai Driving Centre- 04-3455855 (13 branches)http://www.dcds.ae
Emirates Driving Institute-04-2631100 (35 branches) http://www.edi-uae.com
Galadari Driving School-04-2676166 (8 branches) http://www.gmdc.ae
- Get an eye test done either at an optician or at your driving school.
- The school will handle all paper-work with RTA who may even have a counter at the school.
- Receive your temporary driving license, which you must carry in your training car.
- Once you have passed all internal tests like garage and parking, your school will apply for your signal test followed by your road test.
On the date assigned, go with your passport, driving file+ 2 photos to RTA License Section of your driving school. Fill up application form & submit fees (around AED 80). When your name is called out, go to the computer booth and identify the traffic signals. (In case you are not computer literate, you can opt for the manual test). Collect the pass print-out with your road test date (if you fail, pay the test-fee & you will be given another new test time and date) and submit to your driving school.
Keep in mind that you will need your passport, your driving file and 2 photos for the RTA License. Be punctual and right on time on the day of your exam!
Transfer of existing Driving License:
If you have just moved to work in Dubai, you could be able to transfer your existing driving license, without having to take a driving test or going to a driving school, if you have a valid driving license from any of the following 36 countries: Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Belgium, Canada, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Kuwait, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Oman, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Slovakia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Kingdom, United States
Kindly note that driving license holders of some countries in the above list will require translations or consulate letters. These countries are:
- Canada: A letter from the Canadian Consulate in Dubai to verify that the license is genuine is required, before transferring your license.
- Driving license holders from Greece, Poland, Portugal, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Cyprus, Canada, Turkey, Japan & Korea will require a translation of their driving license from their respective consulates.
Fees & Documents Required: Passport for residents (original & copy) residence permit copy, current driving license (original & copy), translation of driving license (for some countries), consulate letter (for Canadians), 1 passport photo, eye test certificate & AED 100 for transfer fee. Also required is a no-objection letter from your sponsor.
- Get an eye test done. This can be done at any hospital, clinic or optician. Give them 2 passport-sized photos and mention that it is for a driving license. Most opticians will not charge for the test, while there may be a small fee for others.
- Carry all documents mentioned above & go to Dubai Traffic Department Driving License Section in Al Ghusais from 7.30 am to 2.30 pm on a working day. Ladies can go to the Ladies Section, where the work is even quicker.
- Fill up application form & submit all documents to the officer.
- Take signed documents from officer & pay AED 100 to the cashier.
- Submit all documents at Data Entry Counter.
- Your name will be called out and your photograph taken.
- A few minutes later, you will receive your license.