النوادي الرياضية و الإجتماعية | دليل مدينة دبي | بيت.كوم
Working professionals with jobs in Dubai usually make it a point to immerse themselves in the vast array of sports/ outdoor activities on offer. Not only visitors but also working professionals in Dubai can practice any or all of their sporting passions and they can engage themselves in a huge range of sporting activities, including adventurous exploration of mountain and desert. Sporting and recreational facilities in Dubai are exceptional and major international sporting events are staged at various times during the year.
- Tennis: Attracting top-seeded players the Dubai Tennis Open, the Dubai Duty Free is generally held every Febuary at the Aviation Club (04-2824122). If playing is more your bag, hotels and private clubs around Dubai offer courts for rent.
- Sailing: Sailing is a popular past time for Dubai residents and if nothing else a chance to watch sail boats and races from the sidelines. For information on the President's Cup Dubai-Muscat Sailing Regatta contact the Dubai offshore Sailing Club (Tel: 971-4-3941669).
- Horse and camel riding: Raising and riding horses is a time honoured tradition in Dubai and the UAE. Seen as a true professional sport, horse racing is taken very seriously. The Dubai Equestrian Centre, the Jebel Ali Equestrian Club and Club Joumana, the riding stables at Jebel Ali Hotel are just a few places to enjoy a weekend ride. The Dubai World Cup is also considered to be the richest race in the sport and is an exciting outing for those interested in racing.
Also part of the UAE heritage is camel racing. Taking place during the winter season (October to March) on Thursdays and Friday mornings from 8 am to 2 pm, the Al Wathba Racetrack is the place to go. Check local newspapers for other times and special events.
- Car racing: Attracting top drivers from all over the world, the UAE Desert Challenge starts in Abu Dhabi and finishes in Dubai every November.
- Golf Held in February or March, the Dubai Desert Classic (www.dubaidesertclassic.com) can be seen on TV sets all over the world. Hosting some of the world’s top professional golfers, prize money reaches in excess of US$ 1 million.