Essential Job Functions:
1) Maintain complete knowledge of all products sold in the restaurant
2) Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
3) Maintain complete knowledge and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures.
4) Maintain knowledge of special items in each Special event
5) To handle void checks in accordance with accounting procedures
6) Ensure all cashiering procedures are processed in compliance with accounting standards
7) Issue Manual checks when the system is down and ensure accountability of such
8) Check and ensure that all sales counters/show case are full and in good condition according to Gourmet shop procedures
9) Anticipate peak hours and organize to provide an efficient and swift service
10) Complete opening side duties:
• Micros and manuals procedures
• Daily house count, arrivals and departures /VIPS
11) Monitor and maintain cleanliness of area
12) Refill non-alcoholic beverages according to procedures.
13) Anticipate guests needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
14) Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
15) Be familiar with all hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
16) Handle guest complaints following the instant pacification procedures and ensuring guest satisfaction.
17) Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of all service areas following procedures laid down in departmental manual.
18) Complete closing duties as assigned:
a) Properly store all reusable goods.
d) Restock items for next service.
e) Transport all dirty linen to Laundry.
f) Secure all supplies at shift end.
19) Leave duty after reporting to supervisor.
20) Answer outlet phone within 3-rings, using correct verbiage as per telephone etiquette
21) Monitor guest’s comments/feedback – record and pass on to Restaurant Manager.
22) Maintain reservations book and keep clean and organized at all times.
23) Successful completion of the training/certification process.
• Waiter experience desirable.
• Prior training in guest relations.
• High school graduate, some college.
• Willingness to learn.
• Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English with guests, management and co-workers to their understanding.
• Ability to count.
• Natural Smile and excellent communication skills.
• Certification of previous training in food service.
• Ability to communicate in a foreign language, preferably Arabic.
• Experience with computers.
• Ability to understand guests' service needs.
• Ability to be well organized, maintain concentration and think clearly when providing service to guests within any given period of time
• Ability to focus attention on details.
• Ability to follow directions thoroughly.
• Ability to exert strong physical effort in transporting supplies from storeroom to restaurant and transporting trays of equipment, food and beverages to/from dining room.
• Ability to ensure abundant physical movements throughout the work area.
• Ability to work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
• Ability to work without direct supervision
• Ability to access and input information into Micros system.
- Job Location:
- Manama, Bahrain
- Company Industry:
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Support Services
- Employment Status:
- Full time
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Residence Location:
About This Company
Surrounded by golden sands and overlooking the turquoise waters of the Persian Gulf, The Ritz-Carlton, Bahrain Hotel & Spa allows sophisticated travelers to experience one of the most inviting spots on this 33-island archipelago. This seven-story luxury resort, with 245 guest rooms, suites and The Ritz-Carlton Club® Level, 23 beautiful, seafront villas, each with its own 24-hour live-in butler, swimming pool and private beach access, is located within a 20-acre urban resort complex on the seafront of Manama. Home to the largest spa in the area, The Ritz-Carlton, Bahrain Hotel & Spa also features a sports club with indoor and outdoor swimming pools and a 22-berth private marina. Situated on the north coast of Bahrain, the resort is only 11 kms from the airport, 3 kms from the Manama City Center and close to Bahrain International Exhibition Center.