Tips to optimize your Bayt CV
Five tips to supercharge your Bayt CV and get hired faster.
1. Refresh Often
One of the most popular ways hiring managers search CVs on Bayt.com is by the date they were posted. Keep your CV updated in the system by renewing it at least once every 30 days. To refresh your CV on Bayt:
- If your CV is complete and searchable, you will a 'Refresh this CV' tab right on the top. Click on this.
2. Target Your Position Sought
Position Sought is one of the most important sections of your Bayt CV. When hiring managers search for CVs on Bayt.com, they often look at the Position Sought first to decide whether or not to view a CV. It's best to include the specific job title you're pursuing, along with a brief description of your top credentials. These keywords will help employers target your CV easily and quickly in a search. Examples of good headlines:
- Network Administrator - CNA Specializing in NetWare - 5 Years' Experience.
- Technical Sales Representative - Maximizing Sales for the Technology Industry.
- Secretary/Administrative Assistant with 10 Years' Experience.
3. Maximize Your Keywords
One of the best ways to increase the number of times your CV is read is to include an abundance of keywords that are relevant to your job and the industry you are applying into. Search jobs on Bayt to get an idea of what credentials hiring managers value. Then look for places in your CV where you could incorporate these keywords. The Skills section on Bayt is a great place to include keywords that don't appear elsewhere on your CV.
4. Show that You Care About Employers' Needs
- Before: A challenging position with a large firm that offers great pay/benefits and a comfortable working environment.
- After: Customer service position providing world-class service to local and international clients.
Employers are immediately turned off by CVs with spelling mistakes, so thoroughly proofread your CV, and use the spell-check function. Get your CV reviewed by a friend or colleague with excellent proofreading skills to make sure it is perfect.
6. Add Recommendations
Recommendations often make the difference between a successful CV and an unsuccessful one. Don’t be shy, ask everyone you know and trust to recommend you especially bosses and peers.
7. Detail Experience
Many CVs have skeletal experience records which make it very hard for employers to gauge your skills, successes and abilities. Make sure your experience records are as detailed, impressive and accurate as possible.
This article and all other intellectual property on Bayt.com is the property of Bayt.com. Reproduction of this article in any form is only permissible with written permission from Bayt.com.
Please login to post a comment.