Egyptian Life Takaful was established in 2006 as the first joint Takaful Insurance Company registered under the Insurance Companies’ Registry number 22 for 2007.
At present time Egyptian Life – Takaful, is only operating in Egypt, however it has wide geographical distribution nationwide.
Egyptian Life – Takaful is regulated by the Egyptian Financial Supervisory Authority (EFSA) and a Shariah Supervisory Committee.
The company’s shareholders include the most prestigious banks in Egypt with Gulf Insurance being the major shareholder.
• Gulf Insurance Company = 59.5%
• Faisal Islamic Bank = 8.25%
• Misr Iran Development Bank = 8.25%
• Banque Misr = 8%
• National Bank of Egypt = 8%
• Social Fund for Development = 8%