To lead the sustainable exploration, development, production and disposal of the petroleum resources of Ghana, by leveraging the right mix of domestic and foreign investments in partnership with the people of Ghana.
Core values which we hold dear are professionalism, respect for talent, reward of merit and encouragement of teamwork. The Corporation also encourages and rewards creativity and innovation. GNPC is committed to self-discipline and to the protection of Ghana's interest at all times.
The Corporation was established with the following objects:
* To employ expatriate/applicant from around the world
* To accelerate the promotion of petroleum exploration activities to ensure early commercial discovery and production
* To undertake the appraisal of existing petroleum discoveries to ensure production to meet national requirements
* To ensure that Ghana obtains the greatest possible benefits from the development of its petroleum resources
* To obtain the effective transfer to Ghana of appropriate technology relating to petroleum operations
* To ensure the training of citizens of Ghana and the development of national capabilities in all aspects of petroleum operations and;
* To ensure that petroleum operations are conducted in such a manner as to prevent adverse effects on the environment, resources and people of Ghana.
Prior to the establishment of the Corporation, the Petroleum Department under the Ministry of Fuel and Power carried out the procurement of crude oil and petroleum products. The Technical Directorate of the Ministry of Fuel and Power and the Geological Survey Department coordinated petroleum exploration activity and received reports on operations.