• Hayat Universal School (HUBS) Qatar is a British Columbia Certified Offshore School (fully certified by the BC Ministry of Education). The link to the BC Certified Offshore Schools:
The Ministry thoroughly inspects our school every year. For example, inspectors look into BC program year plans, instructional time, instructional methods, admission system, integrity of promotion and registration process, support services, school policies, safety and supervision plans, student and staff records, teacher and principal certification and hiring practices, learning resources, facilities and school licensing.
• To graduate from our school, students will have to successfully complete the requirements of the British Columbia graduation program in English. Graduates receive the British Columbia Certificate of Graduation (Dogwood Diploma).
• The main program is the BC program with the majority of the instructional time dedicated for this program (80% in K and 74% starting Grade 1). A national Arabic Program is implemented alongside the BC program.
• The school started in 2009-2010 with KG1 - Grade 3 and has been adding a grade every year with the movement of students to higher grades. It will be offering up to Grade 8 in 2014-2015. The purpose of this approach is to make the lower grades the main point of entry to the school and to keep transfers in the higher primary and intermediate grades to the minimum.
• From 190 students in its first year (2009-2010), the school has grown to 1130 students in 2013-2014.
• The school is the culmination of the vision and experience of a renowned psychologist and educator in the Middle East. Parents, teachers and BC inspectors sense the community that prevails in the school.
• Get a feel of our school! Visit the photo gallery on our website to see pictures of staff, students and facilities!