Receive, direct and relay telephone messages and fax messages
Maintain the general filing system and file all correspondence
Assist in the planning and preparation of meetings, conferences and conference Telephone calls
Respond to public inquiries
Provide word-processing and secretarial support
Perform clerical duties
Develop and maintain a current and accurate filing system
Monitor the use of supplies and equipment
Performs front desk functions
Answer all incoming calls and handle caller’s inquiries whenever possible
Re-direct calls as appropriate and take adequate messages when required
Directs customers and visitors to company location and to concerned staff personal
Greet, assist and/or direct visitors.
Maintaining HR records, such as those related to compensation, health and medical insurance
Handling insurance-related issues.
Communicating and explaining the organization's HR policies to the employees.
Preparing and processing timely distribution of salary, bonus, increment salary slip, leave encashment and full and final settlements
Preparing letters such as offer and confirmation
And handling full HR functions
Job Title: Design Director
Supervisor: Managing Director or Studio Director
Location: Dubai, UAE
● Lead the studio to develop design solutions.
● Assume responsibility for and assist in the development of design concepts.
● Prepare with the project team documentation for tenders and construction.
● Plan project and subordinate designer work flows.
● Assist with resourcing requirements and planning for studio projects.
● Clarify scope of work and prepare schedule for review.
● Manage cost control for corporate office turnkey and consulting projects. Assume over a responsibility for profit and loss of the studio.
● Mentor, train, supervise and manage senior and junior designers to produce good design a standard detailing.
● Ensure senior and junior designers adhere to companys policy.
● Assist in marketing, business development and general representation of the company.
● Liaise with Managing Director with regards to management and performance of the studio.
A Project Setup
● Finalize the client brief for approval and sign off
● Review and summarize all statutory requirements in regards to local authority submissions
● Prepare a list of documents to form the design documentation and working drawings package
● Assist in preparing the client service or turnkey contract in coordination with the Project Director
● Collect briefing requirements and details of the project brief from the client.
B Design and Documentation
● Prepare sketch designs including perspectives material selections etc.
● Revise the design based on input from the client
● Prepare drawing documentation after signing final design development by client
● Present the design concept to the client with the Project Director
● Visit the site to take site measurements, digital photographs and investigate the area
● Co-ordinate with the M&E consultant or other project consultants
● Coordinate with the technician team to prepare construction documentation for both architectural, interior and M&E work including details and specification
● Forward sketch designs, details and materials of interior design and furniture for input by the technician team and 3D (if necessary)
C Project Management
● Assist the Designer to develop details and cross check with other relevant documents such as M/E.
● Visit site to inspect the construction and furniture installation, ensure compliance with the design specification
● Prepare a plan, including resources, to produce a proposal
● Maintain a register of all contractor communications
● Coordinate with the client’s cost consultant /QS to develop and finalize budget details
● Prepare final as-built drawing documentation to submit to client
● Issue information to the contractors in regards to RFI, change orders, additional details, site instructions and variations
● Attend site meetings as necessary
● Coordinate with the IT team to update the design database which includes 3D presentation Images, AutoCAD Library, photographs, products and project
● Add and update information in Microsoft Outlook Programme including contacts categories
● Prepare appropriate proposals
● Coordinate the junior technician, train and supervise technician staff in layering object naming and Revit drawing guidelines
● To ensure that the Quality Management System is implemented and maintained and to evaluate where continual improvement can be made.
X Corporate Management
● Assist with the development and implement strategy in areas of responsibility. Human Resource responsibilities include assisting the Managing Director or Studio Director with recruiting, developing and managing the work performance and behaviour of employees in the studio which the Design Director has responsibility for.