Menu - [Jump to main content]
KAUST is characterized by:
King Abdullah University of Science and Technology has a three-part Mission. KAUST integrates research and education, leveraging the interconnectedness of science and engineering, and works to catalyze the diversification of the Saudi economy through economic and technology development.
Members of the KAUST community are committed to the values of Achievement, Passion, Inspiration, Diversity, Openness, Integrity and Citizenship.
1. Achievement: Determination to advance science and engineering for the welfare of all mankind.
2. Passion: Pursuit of the KAUST mission with enthusiasm and confidence and seeking individuals who share that passion.
3. Inspiration: Commitment to stimulate inspiration and celebrate those with the ability to inspire others.
4. Diversity: Collaboration among scientists, researchers, and students from different disciplines, nationalities, and cultural backgrounds.
5. Openness: Openness which allows students and faculty to think clearly, study freely, and examine complex problems though the clear light of reason
6. Integrity: Commitment to uphold the highest standards of moral, ethical, and professional conduct.
7. Citizenship: Be a good neighbor and strive to make a positive impact on the University’s surroundings.