Communication Field Officer
Inform the Iraqi population, authorities, leaders and important figures about the ICRC and its humanitarian activities through meetings, presentations to various audiences and media.
• Develop contacts with interlocutors relevant to the ICRC and its work to assist vulnerable populations in Baghdad and rural regions of central Iraq.
• Present the ICRC and its work to those interlocutors and to different audiences.
• Prepare visual and print materials to show and explain the ICRC’s work in central Iraq, including Power Point presentations.
• Through discussions with the population and key interlocutors, as well as through daily consultation of newspapers, radios and TVs, understand the situation in central Iraq and how the ICRC is perceived by the Iraqis.
• Write reports to share all relevant information with his colleagues.
• Propose adapted communication to strengthen the knowledge of the ICRC and its perception by the Iraqi population.
• Participate in the training of ICRC colleagues in their communication tasks.
• Analyse the situation of the media in central Iraq and develop contacts with key newspapers, TV and radio stations.
• Write stories about ICRC activities and takes photos of those activities to be used in ICRC communication material, in print or on the web
• Contribute to the internal ICRC reporting, translate documents.
University degree or equivalent, in communication, media, journalism or similar field
Similar work experience desirable
Good command of written and spoken English
Capacity to deal with public
• Organizational skills and initiative
• Team Spirit
• Perseverant and flexible
• Discrete and Reliable
• Available to travel
What we offer
An opportunity to help the victims of conflict
Multicultural, friendly, dynamic, rewarding work within an international team
Training courses throughout your career
Ample support in integrating into the ICRC working environment
- Job Location:
- Baghdad, Iraq
- Company Industry:
- Company Type:
- Non-Profit Organization
- Job Role:
- Support Services
- Employment Status:
- Full time
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Residence Location:
About This Company
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and provide them with assistance.