Sales Engineer - Admixtures / Waterproofing / Architectural Materials
• Obtain strong specifications for strategic materials, to maintain and improve sales performance and aggressively seek new contacts.
• Understand the contractual procurement method and identify major development potential in the Middle East.
UNIT FUNCTION: Usually, this will be the same statement for everyone within the unit. If the unit is a smaller entity within a Department and a different, more functional statement is appropriate, use it.
• To aggressively grow profitable sales of Structural waterproofing and Architectural concrete products in the Middle East region, to achieve the Grace’s profitability goals and strategic plans
III. A. DUTIES:
Most jobs can be described with no more than 7 to 10 items. Indicate frequency (daily, weekly, monthly, annually, or irregularly) and percentage of overall time spent on each.
daily 60% Build long term relationship with key specifiers and contractors and co-ordinate the commercial specification sales effort with the sales department, understanding the contractual procurement procedure of customers and defend existing specifications
weekly 5% Continuous improvement within the industry, customer and product knowledge and actively participate in regional and national sales meetings.
monthly 2% Pursue new areas of sales growth with the strategic plan of the company.
monthly 2% Working under the direction of management implement customer planned specification strategies and company marketing programmes.
weekly 5% To cooperate and communicate with all personnel within the customer’s organization and provide timely reporting for internal use.
monthly 3% Participate in the industry committees and seminars
monthly 2% Adapting and driving of communication programmes including country specific promotional items, literature, presentations.
weekly 2% Characterizing competitor materials
weekly 15% Technical presentations to professional groups and influencers.
quarterly 2% Market and needs analyses for product development
Weekly 2% Liaison with technical resource manager on assimilation and dissemination of product and application know-how.
Material – Building, waterproofing and architectural
Experience 8 – 10 years with European / North American Educational Background strong positive.
• Primarily focused on developing regional business as part of sales team
• Experience of client meeting and sales towards Architecture / construction / engineering firms, with contact beneficial but not essential
• Experience of working within a targeted environment, with KPI and bonuses calculated on group achievement
• Regional travel when required
• English language presentational skills important
• Will be working along side senior Grace sales professionals, opportunity to grow over next 18 – 24 months with more technical authority
• A candidate with 8 – 10 years experience, who is willing to learn, develop and grow with the role
• Regional experience and based in UAE already, ASAP start
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Describe the skills and abilities needed to do this job. For example, list prior experience on certain jobs, specific training or schooling, etc. Any qualification stated in this section should be supported by the duties described in (A), as well.
• Degree or equivalent in Civil, Structural or construction related qualification
• 8-10 years technical/specification sales experience in construction products
• Knowledge of basement design/waterproofing
• Strong Interpersonal skills, oral & written communication
• Ability to put together technical specifications.
• Ability to deal with people at a high level in customer organizations
• Very Good IT skills, Word, Excel, MS Outlook
Engineering / Construction / Architectural
- Job Location:
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Company Industry:
- Manufacturing and Production; Construction
- Company Type:
- Recruitment Agency
- Job Role:
- Employment Status:
- Full time
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Min: 7
- Residence Location:
- United Arab Emirates
- Bachelor's degree / higher diploma