Our Client specifically works throughout the globe supplying various expertise to remote and hostile locations. Due to rapid growth they are currently looking to recruit a large number of Fuel Operators in Afghanistan within their Fuels Division.
The prime objective within the role of Fuel Operator is to conduct refuelling activities in a safe manner and in compliance with our Client’s Standard Operating Procedures.
To conduct all fuel handling and site duties in a competent and professional manner, maintain equipment and vehicles as trained; obey the directions of personnel placed in charge; undertake training as required to broaden operational focus.
Successful applicants will report to the Fuel Specialist who will undertake training at the discretion of management to broaden individual’s operational deployment and personal development.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Duties will be to:
1. Prepare samples in compliance with the Company’s SOP and determine when to take what type of sample
2. Conduct Fuel Quality Checks in compliance with ASTM standards to ensure the fuel meets the set specification throughout the supply chain
3. Performs usage calculations and request service time and amount for tank filling.
4. Identify download, storage and issue tanks
5. Keep BRAG system up-to-date
6. Prepares and checks receiving and shipping documents
7. Conducts site inspections to ensure equipment is in required state to meet quality objectives as per the requirements of the facility checklist daily/weekly/monthly checks
8. Function as pump operator
9. Competently operate the meter
10. Record all quantities issued and received on the required documentation
11. Operate the FMIS system to record sales
12. Conduct end-of-day fuel reconciliation checks
13. Inspect the filters to ensure they function at an optimal level
14. Assist maintenance staff during filter element change out
15. Conduct refuelling vehicle daily/weekly/monthly inspections to ensure the vehicle meets all QHSE and operational requirements and report inconsistencies to the supervisor
16. Drain all tanks, bladders and refuellers as per the set time interval
17. Conduct risk assessments on refuelling tasks
18. Refuel rotary and fixed wing aircraft in compliance with the Company’s SOP ensuring that all QHSE requirements are met
19. Refuel generators and ground vehicles in compliance with the Company’s SOPs ensuring that all QHSE requirements are met
20. Immediately stop refuelling if an inconsistency is identified
21. Maintain aircraft approach procedures and flight line driving rules and regulations
22. Report any unsafe acts, dangerous activities or non compliance with HSE Policies and Procedures to your supervisor
23. Provide first aid in case of a medical emergency
24. Provide adequate spill response that is compliant with the Spill Prevention and Response Plan in case of a spill
25. Provide adequate fire response that is compliant with the Fire prevention and Response Plan in case of a fire
26. Provide emergency response in case of insurgent attack
27. Maintain PPE
28. Maintain excellent housekeeping standards
29. Act in a professional manner when in contact with the customer
30. Inform the LO’s of any customer concerns that have been raised
• A minimum of 2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• The ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals in English.
• The ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
• The ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Knowledge of fuel storage and dispensing systems would be an advantage as would an understanding of fuel industry standards, EPA and regulations pertaining to Bull Fuel Storage Facilities.
- Job Location:
- Company Industry:
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Residence Location: