Accessibility and Special Needs Services Coordinator - Abu Dhabi -Female Only - UAE National Only
· Establishes and maintains professionally appropriate criteria and procedures for determining eligibility of Zayed University students for disability accommodations and services.
· Advises prospective students, parents, faculty and administration of academic, administrative and programmatic accommodations and services available to students with documented disabilities ensuring the timely and accurate alternative format information.
· Liaisons with faculty members, accessibility office and head of department to ensure the delivery of curriculum to the special needs students in an accessible format which is based on students’ specific learning styles.
· Develops a motivational plan for students which includes orientation and mobility training to help them adjust in university environment, ensure their safe and independent movement, resolve technical problems, etc.
· Works to improve campus accessibility and promotes assistive technology in accommodating students with disabilities by providing training and support for instructors and students.
· Visits schools to promote the Office of Accessibility. Also, promotes access to a wide range of programming including athletics, internships and distance learning by working with ZU administration in these areas.
· Advises faculty and administrators of legal responsibilities and establishes procedures for compliance.
· Provides support and inputs for strategic planning, budget development and management, and equipment management—for the department.
· Maintains a confidential and secure database of all documentation related to students’ accommodation needs. Analyses this data and created reports for the management, as and when required.
· Serves on committees as deemed appropriate and represents the department at university functions and engage in special projects, as requested.
· A minimum of 4 years of experience with a Bachelor’s degree (Masters preferred) from an accredited institution in Special Education, Counseling, Psychology, Education or related field, or an equivalent combination of both.
· Relevant professional experience in administering services for individuals with disabilities to include identifying and implementing student accommodations is also required.
Other essential requirements:
· Demonstrated understanding of UAE disabilities law.
· Demonstrated understanding of developmental issues facing university students from a diverse range of cultures and backgrounds.
· Demonstrated knowledge of disability assessment, accommodations, services and assistive technologies.
· Excellent organizational and administrative skills; strong planning and facilitation skill
Accredited institution in Special Education, Counseling, Psychology, Education or related field
- Job Location:
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- Company Industry:
- Education, Training, and Library
- Company Type:
- Employer (Public Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Full time
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- $4,000 - $5,000
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Min: 2 Max: 5
- Residence Location:
- United Arab Emirates
- United Arab Emirates
- Bachelor's degree / higher diploma