Accountant | Orient Insurance
About the business:
Orient is an Al-Futtaim company, considered a leader in the regional insurance market with representation in the UAE, Oman, Egypt and Syria, and the only company in the Middle East that carries a combined ratings "A Excellent" from A.M. Best and "A" (strong) from Standard and Poor's.
Orient is also accredited with ISO 9001 Quality Management Certification. The company believes in a well structured transparent corporate culture, highly professional standards and intergrity, clear strategy and employee empowement.
About the job:
For this role, the duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Review statements of accounts from associate companies and compare with AOIC's debtors ledger in order to identify variations and initiate appropriate corrective actions for timely recovery of premiums
- Maintain and update the fixed assets records in order to exercise effective control of the assets of the company
- Monitor the maturity dates of all fixed deposits in order to decide timely renewals, encashments or transfer to other banks in order to maximise the profitable return on the company's investments
- Monitoring and review of insurance company accounts, arranging reconciliation and resolving outstanding items in reconciliation. Follow up for collection and arrange settlement
- Collect and compile the premium production statistics related to business generated by the respective field development officers / managers in order to analyse and evaluate their individual performance and related costs for review and appropriate action by AGM - Marketing / Sales and SMD - AOIC
- Receive and review the monthly transaction reports from the branches
- Carry out regular review of staff payables and receivables (e.g., staff loan, leave salary, gratuity)
- Perform tasks and carry out department supervisor functions as when required by the Accounts Manager in order to accomplish specific objectives and ensure effective continuity of operation.
To be successful in winning this role, you should possess the following qualifications:
- Graduate of Bachelor's degree in Commerce.
- Must have an intensive knowledge in IRFS, Accounting standards principles, practices and familiar with the insurance business.
- Well versed in computerised systems such as Orion, Microsoft Office, Execel and Internet.
- Job Location:
- Company Industry:
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Residence Location:
About This Company
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim is one of the most progressive regional business houses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Structured into six divisions; automotive, retail, electronics, engineering and technology, real estate, financial services and general services, Al-Futtaim operates through more than 60 companies and maintains a decentralised approach, giving individual businesses flexibility and versatility to maintain a competitive stance.
Employing in excess of 20,000 people across the UAE, Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman, Egypt, Syria, Pakistan, Singapore and Europe, this approach benefits employees, providing a clearly defined work culture where individuals are empowered with authority and responsibility for their work.
The success of Al-Futtaim is attributed to proactively managing change whilst upholding the values of integrity, service and social responsibility. The majority of businesses, built on a portfolio of world leading brands, dominate their sector.