Accountant - Retail Property - Cairo - Egypt
The Property division covers all aspects of Alshaya's retail property. including market studies, brand expansion planning, budget approval, site leasing and acquisition, store design and project management. After handing over a completed store, the division continues to handle maintenance and facilities management.
Internally, the division interacts with brand teams, Operations, Finance, Logistics, IT and HR. Externally, the focus is on building long-term relationships with host brands, developers, suppliers and contactors.
The division regularly reviews store performance and drives store refurbishment and relocation to ensure meeting company and brand expectations in regard to quality and profitability.
The Accountant undertakes all/any responsibilities appropriate to level of experience for activities within ones own area of expertise & the Division, ensure the integrity & accuracy of all financial data/ transactions.
* Substantiate & authenticate transactions.
* Classify & code transactions in accordance with Company Chart of Accounts, adhering to Company Policy & Procedures & accounting standards.
* Create control & exception report to ensure books of accounts, inventory, fixed & other tangible assets are independently reconciled, & accurately stated for every period.
* Generate standard & ad hoc reports; review, analyze & comment on reports, to confirm accuracy for monthly & final closing of books of accounts.
- Job Location:
- Company Industry:
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Full time
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Years of Experience:
- Residence Location:
About This Company
M.H. Alshaya is a leading international franchise operator for over 70 of the world’s most recognized retail brands. The company operates more than 2,400 stores across 7 divisions: Fashion & Footwear, Food, Health & Beauty, Optics, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Office Supplies. Alshaya’s stores can currently be found in 19 markets across the Middle East & North Africa, Russia, Turkey and Europe and it employs more than 32,000 people from over 110 nationalities.