Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
An opportunity has arisen for the role of Aircraft Structures Technician within Goodrich Customer Services, Dubai for our Maintenance, Repair & Overhaul Shop. The Technicians will be responsible to work according to technical data, perform & repair, and overhaul work on various aircraft components. Key Responsibilities:
• Complete on-the-job-training (OJT) forms and required reading.
• Repair, modify, replace or otherwise perform routine aircraft component maintenance work, including composite structures and assist shop floor repair as necessary to support customer requirements
• Communicate effectively with other maintenance personnel at all levels by keeping co-workers and leadership apprised of work progress and difficulties as they arise.
• Complete job assignments in a timely manner.
• Read and interpret manufacturer and airline maintenance manuals, service bulletins, drawings and other specifications to determine feasibility and method of repair, replacement or modification.
• Help with general clean-up of work area.
• Participate in shop and facility Continuous Improvement activities and initiatives.
• Perform shop audits as scheduled. Perform area cleaning and maintenance as posted or required.
• Demonstrate awareness and understanding of the EHS policy and management system, the importance of conforming to EHS policies and procedures, and consequences of failing to comply with EHS policies and procedures.
• Demonstrate knowledge of EHS risks and impacts of work activities and the benefits of improving EHS performance.
• Acquire necessary EHS competencies in accordance with EHS Competencies & Training policy / procedure
• High school diploma or Technical Diploma / General Education Degree (GED) or Recognized Trade Papers required.
• Two years of post-high school education may be considered for candidates with little or no work experience
• Mechanical / electrical background & aptitude required
• Experience with calibration equipment, blueprints, schematics, and precision measuring equipment preferred
• Past aerospace industry experience preferred
• Ability to read, understand and interpret Component Maintenance Manuals (CMM) and other repair manuals and technical data
• Ability to learn on the job
From time to time the successful candidate may be required by the Company to perform other tasks which are not included in the above description, but are within the capabilities of the individual and, where necessary, training will be provided.
Goodrich Corporation is a multi-national organisation who can provide exceptional career opportunities to exceptional individuals. The position is offered with a competitive salary and benefits. If you feel that you can meet the challenge apply via www.goodrich.com/careersquoting ref: 21473. This role may be subject to a declaration of any criminal convictions and verification of your last 5 years employment history.
- Job Location:
- Dubai, UAE
- Company Industry:
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Residence Location:
About This Company
Goodrich Corporation, a Fortune 500 company, is a global supplier of systems and services to the aerospace, defence and homeland security markets. With nearly $7.1 billion in annual revenues, Goodrich has one of the broadest portfolios of products in the aerospace industry. The company serves a global customer base, with over 24,000 employees across more than 100 manufacturing and service facilities in 16 countries worldwide.