The job holder is responsible for Aircraft Marshalling and operating 'FOLLOW-ME' vehicle to ensure safe movement and parking of the Aircrafts at movement areas in Doha International Airport by coordinating with ATC and the ground handling agent (QAS / Operations Control)
Specific responsibilities will include:
• Operate the 'FOLLOW-ME' vehicle and to guide the Aircraft TXY in/out of the parking stands.
• Marshalling the Aircrafts to the final stop at the parking stand
• Communicate with ATC on activities involving movement areas.
• Communicate with QAS / Ops. Control on Aircraft parking stand planning
• Direct the traffic at West Apron TWYs intersection in congested and emergency areas.
• Perform other functions as may be directed by the Apron Control Supervisor
• The safe and efficient operation of the 'FOLLOW-ME' - To escort the Aircraft through movement areas and Marshall the Aircraft to final stop at parking stand
The successful candidate will ideally have:-
• At least three years in a capacity of Follow-Me Operator and Marshaller Training,
• Minimum 5 years experience as Equipment Operator in an international airport
• Holder of Airport Driving Licence – AVOP – Category 3
• Must be a holder of radio operator’s certificate having formally trained on the use of radio telephony.
• Experience in GSE Operations and Radio Communications.
• Must have thorough knowledge of apron operating restrictions and safety procedures.
• College diploma or High school graduate
About Doha International Airport
Located just 5 km from Doha city centre and open 24/7, the airport is used by more than 35 regional and international airlines and serves as the base for Qatar Airways. The airport is also home to the world's only terminal dedicated to Qatar Airways First and Business Class passengers. What's more, a brand new state-of-the-art airport is currently being built and will open in 2011. Doha International Airport is part of the Qatar Airways Group.
How To Apply
Please click on the apply button below and you will be redirected to the Qatar Airways careers website. Only online applications submitted via the Qatar Airways website will be considered for this role.
For more information on Qatar Airways Group visit www.qatarairways.com/careers and www.dohaairport.com
- Job Location:
- Doha, Qatar
- Company Industry:
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Residence Location:
About This Company
Welcome to a world of growing opportunities. Qatar Airways is the national carrier of the State of Qatar. Our global network now sees us flying to over 100 destinations worldwide and operating some of the youngest fleets in the sky. We are home to over 150 nationalities. Our mission is to deliver Excellence in Everything We Do. For us, that means we focus on the customers who fly with us. We understand that our customers choose to fly with us because we care for them. We know that every time we fly, we carry the hopes and dreams of our customers. Similarly we consider the hopes and dreams of our people. Our success is due to our leadership and the employment of high quality people who will enjoy living and working in Doha, Qatar. Qatar is a rising economic powerhouse and is fast establishing itself as one of the world’s newest and most vibrant hubs. Qatar prides itself on its technological advances as well as its educational and research facilities. It is rapidly becoming home to more expatriates and international businesses, as well as world-renowned 5-star hotels, spas and resorts. The city boasts the best in shopping, sports activities and has been host to many high profile international events. As the Airline of the Year 2011 and the only 5-star airline in the Middle East, the opportunities for career diversity, professional development opportunities to further your careers within the organisation are almost limitless. We truly believe that life is a journey, not a destination; therefore we help our people to realise all that they can be. Join one of the fastest growing airlines with an ever-expanding global network. If you wish to find out more about the Qatar Airways Group of companies and what we have to offer, then please click the link below and visit qatarairways.com/careers to apply online.