Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Analyst/Senior Analyst Banker, Jordan
EBRD - Jordan
The Analyst role in the start-up phase in Jordan is to provide support to the business development process for technical assistance projects and investment projects and operations, under direct supervision from the Senior Banking Representative The role will eventually develop into working on project preparation process under direct and continuous supervision from the relevant Operation Leaders. The key focus will be on the credit and financial aspects of project development and implementation with special responsibility for financial modelling and analysis. The analyst will also be expected to participate in all aspects of project development and implementation. An Analyst may progress to more complex aspects of transaction processing, progressively gaining more responsibilities.
Key Responsibilities and Deliverables
• Research, analyse and provide background information into companies
• Supporting the Senior Banking Representative and various Banking teams in arranging meetings with companies, associations, government authorities and other relevant institutions
• Attend meetings with clients with the Senior Banking Representative and more senior bankers
• Credit and financial aspects of project development, including financial analysis of companies - data gathering, construction and analysis of financial projections; structuring and monitoring of financing agreements
• Draft specific assigned portions of Bank documents and correspondence
• Participate in project implementation, including administrative and analytical support in specific areas of project monitoring
• Good relevant degree from a leading university in the country of education (e.g. business administration, economics, finance)
• 3 - 4 years of relevant and commercial work experience (e.g. banking, finance, accounting, audit or project finance) gained from a major commercial/investment bank, equity fund, advisory services or corporate finance firm.
• Credit analysis skills: ability to interpret accounts, understanding international accounting principles and practice of credit analysis
• Proven analytical skills; strong numerical and financial skills, with ability to interpret financial information and to design and use financial models
• Computer literacy, excellent spreadsheet skills
• Very good written and oral communication skills in English and Arabic.
Competencies and Personal Attributes
• Ability to operate sensitively in multicultural environments and build effective working relations with clients and colleagues
• Willingness to travel to and work in EBRD countries of operation
• Ability to work well within a team
• Ability to work to and meet tight deadlines.
Note: This job description is not limited to the responsibilities listed and the incumbent may be requested to perform other relevant duties as required by business needs.
We are initially hiring for this position on a consultancy basis, whilst in the start up phase of operations. It is currently anticipated that an employment contract may be offered if and when we are fully established.
- Job Location:
- Company Industry:
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Residence Location:
About This Company
Owned by 61 countries, the European Union and the European Investment Bank, the EBRD supports projects whose funding needs cannot be fully met by the market. We have operations in 29 countries from Central Europe to Central Asia and we are currently expanding into the southern and eastern Mediterranean. Our work covers a huge variety of sectors and projects. And while each one of them is unique in the challenges it presents, all share the common goals of encouraging private investment and promoting secure and stable market economies.