Assistant Manager - Retail Logistics | Retail Corporate Office
Al-Futtaim's Retail Division holds a stable of world class brands operating in buoyant markets with huge growth prospects. Some of our brands are Marks & Spencer, Toys R Us, and IKEA as well as Robinsons with a range of smaller brands selected for their appeal to the markets in which we operate. We currently operate our Retail outlets across the Middle East and in South East Asia.
We have enjoyed phenomenal success throughout the UAE, Egypt and GCC countries. We are in the final stages of outline planning for massive growth and need to prepare for the next phase of this program.
We are currently recruiting for an Assistant Manager - Retail Logistics, to be based from our Dubai operation. Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager for Retail, you will be implementing the Logistics Strategy for the Retail Brands. Main accountabilities of this role:
- Ensure that proper Service Level Agreements are signed with all the service providers. Discuss with the service providers renewal of contracts well in advance and initiate discussion in coordination with the Supply Chain Manager.
- Coordinate between various 3suprd /supParty Logistic Suppliers and retail brands to collate statistical data on volume, IN/OUT movement, supply chain cost and Service level.
- Attend operational review meeting between the service providers and retail brands and identify areas for improvement.
- Maintain the relationships between the customers and service providers and ensure service break downs are escalated to Supply Chain Manager.
- Support the retail brands to schedule and facilitate the annual Distribution Centre stock and operational audit.
- Full control over delivery to stores across GCC and flow of documents. Need to coordinate with customers and service providers to ensure seamless delivery flow and product availability.
- Verification of Distribution Centre overheads quarterly, along with brand representatives to ensure full control over the expenses.
- Interact with Logistics team of each retail brand and evaluate the service level, operational aspects, throughput & stock holding, space situation, and relationship with service providers.
- Identify areas for improvement with service providers, initiate measures to ensure continuous improvement.
The ideal candidate for this role:
- Educated to degree level, preferably within an International Business or Logistics discipline.
- At least 5 years experience within a Logistics Operations role, ideally within the Retail Industry.
- Proven experience of working with contracts and discussing contractual terms.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office.
- Job Location:
- United Arab Emirates
- Company Industry:
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Residence Location:
About This Company
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim is one of the most progressive regional business houses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Structured into six divisions; automotive, retail, electronics, engineering and technology, real estate, financial services and general services, Al-Futtaim operates through more than 60 companies and maintains a decentralised approach, giving individual businesses flexibility and versatility to maintain a competitive stance. Employing in excess of 20,000 people across the UAE, Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman, Egypt, Syria, Pakistan, Singapore and Europe, this approach benefits employees, providing a clearly defined work culture where individuals are empowered with authority and responsibility for their work. The success of Al-Futtaim is attributed to proactively managing change whilst upholding the values of integrity, service and social responsibility. The majority of businesses, built on a portfolio of world leading brands, dominate their sector.