Assistant Restaurant Manager - IHOP - Kuwait
For 53 years, the IHOP family restaurant chain has served its world famous pancakes and a wide variety of breakfast, lunch and dinner items that are loved by people of all ages. IHOP offers its guests an affordable, everyday dining experience with warm and friendly service. As of March 31, 2011, there were 1,513 IHOP restaurants in 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Canada, Guatemala, Mexico, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
The Kuwait-based M.H. Alshaya Co., WLL has signed a multi-restaurant franchise agreement with IHOP for the development of 40 new IHOP Restaurants in Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Lebanon, Qatar, the United Arab Emirates, Oman, Bahrain and Egypt. The agreement marks the first major expansion of the IHOP chain outside of North America and represents the largest international development deal in the brand's history.
Alshaya is now looking for those individuals who are highly motivated, ambitious, and results-oriented that can help in launching IHOP in the Middle East. You are the missing ingredient in our recipe for success.
For more information about the band please visit our website:
Directs the operation of an assigned unit by performing the following duties.
These include the following:
- Assist in the achievement of budgeted sales and profits.
- Develop and maintain professional functional working relationships with IHOP restaurant hourly employees, Corporate and Regional employees, and guests.
- Implement Craft Training program for all restaurant hourly employees to improve unit operations and the guest experience.
- Assist in the execution of annual financial, local restaurant marketing, guest service and human resource objectives, strategies and tactics for assigned unit, as defined by the current IHOP Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and the current operations plan.
- Comply with federal, state, and local regulations which are applicable to assigned unit.
- Assist in the recruitment, training and retention of employees as defined by the current SOP and operations plan for the assigned unit.
- Ensure adequate levels of food, paper, kitchen, safety, janitorial, uniform, linen, and miscellaneous supplies.
- Ensure the proper operational condition of equipment, building structure and premises according to federal regulations and the SOP.
- Ensure safety and sanitation practices are maintained according to federal, state, and local regulations and the SOP.
- Ensure security practices as defined by the SOP.
- Assist in completion of all required reports and paperwork.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Directly supervise craft employees at assigned unit. Assist General Manager with the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of Company unit. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints
Ability to speak and read English and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of guests or restaurant employees.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Certification through IHOP training courses as assigned.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee regularly must lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and two to four years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Job Location:
- Company Industry:
- Catering/Food Services/Restaurants
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Residence Location:
About This Company
M.H. Alshaya is a leading international franchise operator for over 70 of the world’s most recognized retail brands. The company operates more than 2,400 stores across 7 divisions: Fashion & Footwear, Food, Health & Beauty, Optics, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Office Supplies. Alshaya’s stores can currently be found in 19 markets across the Middle East & North Africa, Russia, Turkey and Europe and it employs more than 32,000 people from over 110 nationalities.