Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Assistant Store Manager | Guess | Al Ain
About the Business:
GUESS is a globally recognised high fashion brand offering the latest trends in accessories, womens, mens and childrens fashions.
With over 70 stores located around the GCC this is a great opportunity to become part of a dynamic work environment and get involved in the expansion and future growth of this exciting brand
About the Job:
The Assistant Store Manager is responsible for selling floor leadership with overseeing the customer experience, training and development of the store staff, leading by example on the selling floor and maintaining the store standards on the selling floor and stockroom, and acts as second in command assisting the store manager in the overall running of an individual store.
- Leads by example by training, developing and providing ongoing feedback and coaching on product knowledge, selling skills, visual merchandising and delivering the customer experience.
- Ensures an excellent level of customer service is a priority at all times by executing and achieving the Customer Experience consistently through regular assessment, coaching and follow-up with team.
- Maintains visibility and leads by example on the selling floor to answer customer questions and supports all selling functions.
- Maintains all visual merchandising standards, directives, promotions, and overall cleanliness and organization of the sales floor and stockroom.
Drive Sales + Profitability
- Meets or exceeds profitability expectations for the store in sales, payroll, shrink and conversion.
- Executes strategies to maximize store sales and control expenses.
- Controls company assets by meeting all loss prevention measures (consistent management of inventory, in- and out-bound stock movements, sales, returns, exchange, store maintenance, etc)
The ideal candidate:
- Minimum two years senior sales associate experience with a proven track record for driving sales and profit results and training and developing a team of individuals
- High school education or equivalent preferred
- Able to do some heavy lifting in excess of 30 pounds
- Comfortable with standing for a minimum of eight hours
- Uses sound judgment when making decisions
- Excellent communication skills
- Acts with integrity and respect
- Adapts to changes required by the business
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Job Location:
- Al Ain, UAE
- Company Industry:
- Retail/Wholesale; Sales; Customer Service
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Years of Experience:
- Residence Location:
About This Company
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim is one of the most progressive regional business houses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Structured into six divisions; automotive, retail, electronics, engineering and technology, real estate, financial services and general services, Al-Futtaim operates through more than 60 companies and maintains a decentralised approach, giving individual businesses flexibility and versatility to maintain a competitive stance.
Employing in excess of 20,000 people across the UAE, Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman, Egypt, Syria, Pakistan, Singapore and Europe, this approach benefits employees, providing a clearly defined work culture where individuals are empowered with authority and responsibility for their work.
The success of Al-Futtaim is attributed to proactively managing change whilst upholding the values of integrity, service and social responsibility. The majority of businesses, built on a portfolio of world leading brands, dominate their sector.