Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Assistant Store Manager | Toys R Us | Qatar
About the Business:
Toys "R" Us is the largest specialty toy store in the world. Launched by Al-Futtaim in Dubai in 1995, Toys "R" Us now exists in twelve locations in the Gulf and has emerged as an undisputed market leader for all children related products.
The stores offer an unrivalled range of toys, games, sporting goods, electronics, software, baby products, children's apparel and juvenile furniture all under one roof.
About the Job:
In this role you will be responsible for:
* Assisting the Store Manager in the overall management of the store and deputise in the absence of the Store Manager
* Ensuring smooth store operations
* Supporting all marketing and promotional measures by ensuring that suitable changes in merchandising are approved by Store Manager, and made in consultation with visual merchandising team
* Maintaining adequate stock levels according to trading patterns
* Reviewing the delivery check results and till losses summaries
* Ensuring high standards of customer service in all areas of operations
* Recommending suitable training programs for the staff
* Updating knowledge about advances in toy business locally, within the region and international market
* Implementing safety and security plans and procedures
* Conducting the fire drills / safety and security training on a regular basis
To be successful in winning this role, you will be able to demonstrate:
* Minimum 3 years in a retail managerial position with good commercial acumen
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Core management and commercial skills
* Good knowledge of MS Office packages
* Good planning and organising skills
* Leadership qualities
* Decision making ability
Knowledge of SAP operating system would be an additional advantage.
- Job Location:
- Company Industry:
- Retail/Wholesale; Management
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Residence Location:
About This Company
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim is one of the most progressive regional business houses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Structured into six divisions; automotive, retail, electronics, engineering and technology, real estate, financial services and general services, Al-Futtaim operates through more than 60 companies and maintains a decentralised approach, giving individual businesses flexibility and versatility to maintain a competitive stance.
Employing in excess of 20,000 people across the UAE, Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman, Egypt, Syria, Pakistan, Singapore and Europe, this approach benefits employees, providing a clearly defined work culture where individuals are empowered with authority and responsibility for their work.
The success of Al-Futtaim is attributed to proactively managing change whilst upholding the values of integrity, service and social responsibility. The majority of businesses, built on a portfolio of world leading brands, dominate their sector.