GEMS Education has a global network of world class international schools. With 50 years of experience in education, GEMS provides high quality holistic education to over 100,000 students from 150 countries. It employs over 9,000 education professionals, specialists and staff from around the world.
The GEMS approach to learning focuses not only on academic excellence, but also in helping students develop their character and creativity so that they achieve their full potential as human beings.
GEMS Education also supports Governments’ education reform agenda by working with Ministries of Education to lift school performance and improve the standards and expertise of government schools across the globe.
GEMS Education has offices in the United Arab Emirates, the United Kingdom, the United States of America, India and Singapore.
The Post: Assistant Company Secretary
Reporting to the senior director of business operations this post will be responsible for the planning of committee meetings across the group ensuring the availability of attendees, facilities and required equipment, arranging conference calls and the attendance of required participants.
• Develop and manage a robust document library of minute’s, agendas and supporting documents for the internal committees and manage the distribution and communication of information across internal committees.
• The production of committee packs including compiling and distribution of agendas prior to scheduled meetings.
• Attending and minuting of committee meetings, the distribution of minutes and liaison with the Chairman’s office, Committee Executives and their respective assistants to ensure the delivery of agreed action points in a timely manner.
• Assisting the company secretary in matters relating to board meetings including the minuting and scheduling of meetings.
• Manage the escalation of issues arising from internal committee meetings ensuring their timely resolution and the provision of outcomes to respective committee members.
In order to be considered for this appointment you should have a minimum of 10 years experience as Assistant Company Secretary or Board level Executive PA within a Fortune 500/FTSE 250 or large publicly listed organisation and be used to managing confidential and time critical information.
ILEX/IQPS Qualified with Pitman/T–Line would be advantageous but not essential.
- Job Location:
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Company Industry:
- Education, Training, and Library; Administration; Legal
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Full time
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Min: 7
- Residence Location:
- United Arab Emirates