Assistant Store Manager - Teavana - UAE
Teavana is a specialty retailer offering more than 100 varieties of premium loose-leaf teas, authentic artisanal teawares and other tea-related merchandise. At Teavana we offer tea enthusiasts and tea connoisseurs alike its Heaven of Tea' retail experience where passionate and knowledgeable teaolgists' engage and educate customers about the ritual and enjoyment of tea. The company's mission is to establish Teavana as the most recognised and respected brand in the tea industry by expanding the culture of tea across the world.
To assist the Store Manager to achieve all company set objectives, maximizing store contribution through exploiting sales & maintaining cost controls. Assist in delivering the highest levels of motivation and development of team, whilst ensuring compliance with company policy & procedure. Deputizing in the absence of the Store Manager.
The Assistant Store Manager must be able to:
- Maximize sales & ensure customer focus is prioritized at all times.
- Ensure communication is effective throughout store & back to brand team.
- Implement & review all stock loss prevention controls. Implement processes specific to store product/size/ location.
- Manage a team including; in store training, recruitment (where applicable), motivation, coaching, development, disciplinary & performance appraisals.
- Implement store layout, visual merchandising, stock & fixture positioning according to brand guidelines. Manage stock replenishment, product launches & promotions.
Responsible for weekly /daily analysis of commercial reports & implementation of action plans where necessary.
Skills and Experience:
- 1+ year retail supervisory experience, or prior equivalent experience preferred.
- IT literate.
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers and all levels of staff.
- Ability to develop and train others.
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Job Location:
- United Arab Emirates
- Company Industry:
- Catering/Food Services/Restaurants
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Years of Experience:
- Residence Location:
About This Company
M.H. Alshaya Co. is a leading international franchise operator for over 70 of the world’s most recognised retail brands including Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Pottery Barn and KidZania. The company operates over 2,600 stores across diverse customer sectors: Fashion & Footwear, Health & Beauty, Food, Optics, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Leisure & Entertainment.
Alshaya’s stores can be found in markets across the Middle East and North Africa, Russia, Turkey and Europe and the company employs more than 40,000 people from over 110 nationalities.
The company has established itself as the industry leader across these territories through a combination of local market understanding and a comprehensive commitment to customer service. Growth in each of its operating divisions and brands is supported by continuous investment in talent and infrastructure. It applies best practices in retail operations, merchandising, marketing, information technology, logistics, real estate, human resources and financial controls.
M.H. Alshaya Co. is the retail business of the Alshaya Group, which was founded in Kuwait in 1890 and today represents one of the most dynamic companies in the Middle East. In addition to its retail operations, the Alshaya Group is active in a number of other sectors including real estate, automotive, hotels, trading and investments. Learn more about the company at www.alshaya.com