Assistant Store Manager - Teavana - UAE
Teavana is a specialty retailer offering more than 100 varieties of premium loose-leaf teas, authentic artisanal teawares and other tea-related merchandise. At Teavana we offer tea enthusiasts and tea connoisseurs alike its Heaven of Tea' retail experience where passionate and knowledgeable teaolgists' engage and educate customers about the ritual and enjoyment of tea. The company's mission is to establish Teavana as the most recognised and respected brand in the tea industry by expanding the culture of tea across the world.
To assist the Store Manager to achieve all company set objectives, maximizing store contribution through exploiting sales & maintaining cost controls. Assist in delivering the highest levels of motivation and development of team, whilst ensuring compliance with company policy & procedure. Deputizing in the absence of the Store Manager.
The Assistant Store Manager must be able to:
- Maximize sales & ensure customer focus is prioritized at all times.
- Ensure communication is effective throughout store & back to brand team.
- Implement & review all stock loss prevention controls. Implement processes specific to store product/size/ location.
- Manage a team including; in store training, recruitment (where applicable), motivation, coaching, development, disciplinary & performance appraisals.
- Implement store layout, visual merchandising, stock & fixture positioning according to brand guidelines. Manage stock replenishment, product launches & promotions.
Responsible for weekly /daily analysis of commercial reports & implementation of action plans where necessary.
Skills and Experience:
- 1+ year retail supervisory experience, or prior equivalent experience preferred.
- IT literate.
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers and all levels of staff.
- Ability to develop and train others.
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Job Location:
- United Arab Emirates
- Company Industry:
- Catering/Food Services/Restaurants
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Years of Experience:
- Residence Location:
About This Company
M.H. Alshaya is a leading international franchise operator for over 70 of the world’s most recognized retail brands. The company operates more than 2,400 stores across 7 divisions: Fashion & Footwear, Food, Health & Beauty, Optics, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Office Supplies. Alshaya’s stores can currently be found in 19 markets across the Middle East & North Africa, Russia, Turkey and Europe and it employs more than 32,000 people from over 110 nationalities.