This is an exciting opportunity to become a part of a dynamic senior academic team involved in the implementation of a new programme. If you are a leader in your field, think strategically, and thrive on motivating and inspiring teachers to provide stimulating learning environments, we’d like to hear from you! This role is a Fixed Term Contract for 3 years.
As well as supporting the Academic Director, you will provide educational leadership and oversight of the development programmes, ensuring those offered are of the highest standard possible.
It is anticipated that the successful applicant will either already be based in the Middle East or ideally will be available to relocate to the Middle East around December 2011. Please note only female applicants will be considered due to the campus policies of this Saudi Arabian University.
Ideal candidates should have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree, an internationally recognised TESOL qualification such as CELTA or similar, be passionate about education, and have an interest in the Middle East.
Training, Skills and Knowledge of the ideal candidate:
Experience in strategic planning, development, evaluation and delivery of programmes.
Management experience of developing and running teams, managing budgets, project management.
Demonstrated skills in curriculum development.
Demonstrated leadership skills.
Experience in resolving performance issues with academic staff.
Experience in the selection and appointment of teaching staff.
Able to identify and implement innovative solutions to complex challenges.
Successful experience of teaching English as a second language, along with a sound knowledge of education principles in a TESOL environment.
A student focused approach to teaching activities and an overall client-centred approach.
Experience of working with ESOL teachers in a leadership capacity to create a positive working environment to achieve high performance.
Experience with quality assurance systems.
In return you will be offered a generous benefits package including a tax-free salary, performance incentive, travel and accommodation allowance.
Please click the apply button and follow the instructions to upload your cover letter and CV. Please clearly indicate in your covering letter what particular strengths you could bring to the role and the University. Please contact Clare Max, Senior HR Advisor, on (+64) 9 923 1609 if you have any queries.
1. Plan, develop and implement innovative strategies and policies for the English Language PYP so as to meet agreed organizational performance plans within agreed budgets and timeframes.
2. Manage the overall academic operation including overall responsibility for:-
• Placement testing
• Curriculum development and delivery
• Teacher training and professional development
• Summative and formative assessments
• Quality assurance of all of the above
3. Deputise for the Academic Director in her absence.
4. Oversee the implementation of new and existing courses and curriculum.
5. Contribute to the management of the English Language PYP budget in conjunction with the Academic Director.
6. Ensure that an appropriate Professional Development programme is delivered for academic English teaching staff.
7. Ensure that a quality assurance programme is operation and reports are provided at agreed times.
8. Ensure that appropriate academic administration systems are in place.
9. Ensure that suitably qualified academic staff are appointed.
10. Manage and control operational expenditure within agreed budgets by monitoring expenditure to achieve an effective use of resources.
11. Liaise with the Team Leaders so as to understand all necessary aspects and needs of operational development and to ensure they are fully informed of operational objectives and the PYP.
12. Contribute to the evaluation and development of the University PYP strategy and performance as part of the senior management team.
13. Ensure academic activities meet with and integrate with organisational requirements for quality management, health and safety, legal stipulations, risk management and general duty of care.
14. Other reasonable duties as required.
Post-graduate qualitication in Education. A degree in TESOL or Applied Linguistics.
- Job Location:
- Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- Company Industry:
- Education, Training, and Library
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Employment Status:
- Full time
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- $7,000 - $8,000
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Years of Experience:
- Min: 5 Max: 20
- Residence Location:
- Algeria; Bahrain; Comoros; Djibouti; Egypt; Iraq; Jordan; Kuwait; Lebanon; Libya; Mauritania; Morocco; Oman; Palestine; Qatar; Saudi Arabia; Somalia; Sudan; Syria; Tunisia; United Arab Emirates; Yemen
- Master's degree
About This Company
Auckland UniServices Limited is the largest research and development company in Australasia and a wholly owned company of The University of Auckland. UniServices manages The University’s intellectual property and is responsible for all research-based consultancy partnerships and commercialisation. By connecting its clients with The University’s brightest academic minds, UniServices provides commercial organisations the innovative technologies they seek, and governments the national programmes they need. The results can mean huge strides in a company’s international competitive edge, or in a country’s health, education and welfare capability. UniServices open innovation and world-class thinking can change the world. At any one time, UniServices manages a wide range of work for business, government and other research clients. Presently, we are involved in over 2500 projects - developing new research insights, helping clients to solve problems and new ventures to grow. We employ approximately 750 people and have revenues in excess of $140 million p/annum.