• Repairs damage to metal body work on vehicles and forms replacement vehicle panels.
• Removes damaged panels and parts, or removes upholstery and accessories to gain access.
• Uses panel-beating hammers to remove dents.
• Straightens damaged vehicles and parts using mechanical and hydraulic equipment.
• Fills depressions with plastic filler, and files, grinds and sands repaired surfaces.
• Repairs panels by welding on new sections.
• May assist vehicle body builders in construction or restoring custom-designed, vintage or other specialty vehicles.
• May spray-paint vehicles.
• May form panels using metal presses, guillotines and cutters, according to dimensional drawings.
• Must know how to MIG, spot and oxy weld; will use a hammer & dolly flipper to press metal.
• Must be experienced in smash work so that the panels line up & the doors close in alignment.
• Must be able to fill using their hands & be able to use a hydraulic porta-power
• Must be able to use hand tools and to use hydraulic systems competently
• Must speak good English
Trade Test Certificate
- Job Location:
- Doha, Qatar
- Company Industry:
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Support Services
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Full time
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Min: 3
- Residence Location:
- High school or equivalent