Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
The Banquet Supervisor oversees the daily activities of the event operations department and staff. Ensures the highest level of service by executing the requirements of events based on catering service standards. Drives customer satisfaction and capitalizes on revenue up-sell opportunities during the Event Phase of a function. Acts as a liaison for the banquet department between Sales, Event Planning, Event Services, Event Technology, and the Banquet Culinary team maintaining open lines of communication to provide guests the highest level of service. The Junior Socials Event Operation Supervisor needs to be engaged on the floor and be hands on consistently providing personalized and quality service. Number of hours and day offs will be subject to business demand.
· Sets goals and delegates tasks to improve departmental performance.
· Monitors progress and leads discussion with staff each period.
· Projects supply needs for the department, (e.g., china, glass, silver, buffet presentations, props).
· Manages departmental inventories and maintains equipment.
· Uses banquet beverage records to control liquor costs and manage the banquet beverage perpetual inventory.
· Applies knowledge of all laws, as they relate to an event.
· Assist manager in conducting monthly department meetings with the Banquet team.
· Applies and continually broadens knowledge of food and wine pairings and cutting edge cuisine with emphasis on current event trends.
· Assist manager in scheduling banquet service staff to forecast and service standards, while maximizing profits.
· Maintains established sanitation levels.
· Adheres to and reinforces all standards, policies, and procedures (PPM, Core Deliverables, SOPs, LSOPs, etc.).
· Communicates and executes departmental and hotel emergency procedures and ensures staff are trained in safety procedures.
· Assist and support the event operation manager and assist event operations manager during day to day operation
· During the absence of manager, perform the role of assistant manager with support of banquet manager.
· High School Diploma or equivalent required
· Degree or diploma in hotel management
Skills and Knowledge
· Effective sales skills to up-sell products and services
· Knowledge of menu planning, food presentation, and banquet and event service operations
· Broad understanding of facility management (sanitation, maintenance and operations)
· Knowledge of overall hotel operations as they affect department
· Knowledge of purchasing, inventory controls, supplies and equipment
· Financial Management skills e.g., ability to understand P&L statements, manage operating budgets, forecasting and scheduling
· Strong communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
· Effective conflict management skills
· Strong customer and associate relation skills
· Effective coaching and development skills
· Strong organizational skills
· Ability to use standard software applications and hotel systems
· Effective decision making
· Effective influence skills
· Strong problem-solving skills
· Good presentation and platform skills
· Good training/facilitator skil
- Job Location:
- Dubai, UAE
- Company Industry:
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Support Services
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Residence Location:
About This Company
The JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai is set to become a landmark hotel in one of the region’s most desirable destinations. The hotel will open with 804 bedrooms and rise to 1608 rooms the hotel will include 9 restaurants and 5 lounges offering a wide variety of culinary delights for our guests. JW Marriott is the luxury hotel brand that provides an environment of simple elegance where they feel welcome and free to be themselves. Together, we orchestrate an experience that is expertly edited to leave only what is truly desired. The JW experience authentically reflects each property's surroundings, imparts a sense of harmony and wellness and delivers lasting memories. All so our guests can indulge in the ultimate luxury...the time to think and freedom to focus.
The Marquis endorsement is reserved for iconic properties in the Marriott International portfolio, defined by their scale, grandeur and location. The new JW Marriott Marquis in Dubai will be the first JW Marriott Marquis branded property outside of North America (after the JW Marriott Marquis Miami). Success of the property will be heavily reliant on the creative input, and talented, experienced individuals, who have the ability to work as a highly organised world class, team. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to be part of an exceptional property, located in one of the youngest and most dynamic markets in the World.