Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Bid Manager | Select Auto
About the Business:
Al-Futtaim Automotive occupies the pre-eminent position of the largest distributor of automotive products in the Emirates, and leads the rapid development of automobile business in the UAE, while continuing to contribute to their brands worldwide growth.
Today, Al-Futtaim Automotive is synonymous with brands such as Toyota, Lexus, Honda, Jeep, Dodge, Chrysler and Volvo which enjoy undisputed leadership in the UAE in terms of the largest number of vehicles on the road. We also hold exclusive franchises for some of the world's top automobiles, plant and automotive products like Hino - Japan's leading heavy-duty vehicle manufacturer, Toyo & Chen shin/ Maxxis tyres, GS & Panasonic batteries as well as the franchises for Hertz Rent-a-car - the worlds largest rental and leasing company and FAMCO heavy goods Machinery.
About the Job:
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Bid Manager to work from our Dubai based operations. Reporting to Senior Procurement & Contracts Manager, you will be responsible to write proposals for tenders received at Expeditionary Office of Select Auto to help secure new business and support the setup, administration and processes of the expeditionary office as required for the growth of overseas operations.
Your main duties and responsibilities will include:
* Work closely with the consultants to understand the requirements for each proposal
* Understand the formats and the presentation style required for quotes to US Army and ensure that the same is reflected in submitted proposals
* Provide support to the businesses as required in preparing the proposals
* Ensure compliance with regulations and laws
* Maintain the timelines of the project
* Escalate issues to Director Business Development if there is a delay at any stage of the process
Follow up and Co-ordination
* Interface with the business units to ensure that their deliverables are on time
* Coordinate the efforts of the different entities involved in the process
* Coordinate the flow of information across Al Futtaim entities
Analysis and Reporting
* Prepare overall project status report
* Update key stakeholders on the same
* Ensure accuracy in financials
To apply for this role you should have the following skills, experiences and qualifications:
* Experience as a Bid Manager/Bid Writer at all stages of pre-contract procurement
* Experience of preparing and delivering successful bids
* Graduate with knowledge/experience of Project Management, Contract Management, submission of project quotations/proposals and commercial management
* Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
* Strong Financial acumen
* Team player, ability to gain the trust of the business managers, ability to manage customer expectation by delivering on promises and constituency building
- Job Location:
- Company Industry:
- Business Support
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Years of Experience:
- Residence Location:
About This Company
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim is one of the most progressive regional business houses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Structured into six divisions; automotive, retail, electronics, engineering and technology, real estate, financial services and general services, Al-Futtaim operates through more than 60 companies and maintains a decentralised approach, giving individual businesses flexibility and versatility to maintain a competitive stance.
Employing in excess of 20,000 people across the UAE, Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman, Egypt, Syria, Pakistan, Singapore and Europe, this approach benefits employees, providing a clearly defined work culture where individuals are empowered with authority and responsibility for their work.
The success of Al-Futtaim is attributed to proactively managing change whilst upholding the values of integrity, service and social responsibility. The majority of businesses, built on a portfolio of world leading brands, dominate their sector.