Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
UAS is currently looking to recruit an elite Bunker Supply Manager to ensure Bunkers are procured from reputable suppliers, brokers and traders, and to monitor a practical, economical purchasing so that delivery takes place in a smooth, efficient and cost-effective manner while complying with UASC policies and procedures.
• Oversee the implementation of the Bunker purchasing process in order to ensure full compliance with the contractual terms and conditions agreed with vendors.
• Ensure a timely delivery of bunkers to vessels so as to allow a smooth operation of the fleet.
• Ensure that adequate quality of bunkers ordered and delivered as per fleet specification requirements.
• • You will ensure bunkers are procured at a rate that is both attractive to the customer and also benefits the company.
• As a Bunker Supply Manager you may be responsible for a team and so it is important that you are able to operate as a team player to oversee the implementation of the bunker purchasing process.
• You will be responsible for ensuring that the purchasing process complies with contractual terms and conditions agreed with customers.
• The Bunker Supply Manager must ensure the timely delivery of bunkers to vessels to ensure the smooth operation of the fleet as well as the quality of bunkers procured.
• You will also be responsible for the quality, organisation and control of all bunker lifting in co-ordination with VP CPCD, FLEET and VP OPS.
• In the event of any disputes, as a Bunker Supply Manager you will be required to mediate between supplier and customer to try and dissolve disputes amicably, but where this is not possible, you will be involved in any ensuring legal proceedings.
• You will work with other members of the organisation who may be involved in bunkers and operations and so you will be expected to assist as and when requested.
• The Bunker Supply Manager is expected to organise and maintain an efficient requisition, purchase order and reporting system.
• You will be responsible for ensuring all health and safety procedures are adhered to by your team and provide training when required.
• In your capacity as a Bunker Supply Manager, you will be required to ensure all operational procedures and followed and to monitor staff performance. You will also be required to manage budgetary control and income levels are targets are met.
• Marine Engineering degree with sound business/commercial acumen - chemical background is a plus.
• A developed network of contacts with suppliers
• Knowledge of the company operating standards, policies and procedures
• Good representational and influencing skills.
• Fluency in both Arabic and English
- Job Location:
- Dubai, UAE
- Company Industry:
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Years of Experience:
- Min: 10 Max: 20
- Residence Location: