Business Development Account Manager – Corporates
Euromonitor International is a leading provider of global strategic intelligence with offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Sao Paulo, Cape Town, Sydney, Tokyo and Santiago, and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide.
We have a unique capability to deliver high quality, reliable research to support strategic business planning. Our business intelligence products include award-winning online information databases, market reports and business reference books.
Euromonitor International’s clients include top global corporations, world’s major banks, consultancies, advertising agencies, government, public libraries and business schools.
Overview of the role:
Each Account Manager manages a territory of existing clients and is personally responsible for managing global accounts, growing revenues and embedding Passport (product) and Euromonitor (preferred supplier).
We seek client relationships where Passport is regarded as a must-have strategic tool (therefore ensuring renewal), we want clients to share information with us to help strengthen Passport (we call this “virtuous circle”) and we should be increasing revenues from a growing base of contacts and a better understanding of client organisation, strategy and priorities.
Account Managers will need to balance proactive revenue generating activities with client support. Time spent on the latter should be minimised as far as possible, in part by leveraging technical support and industry research teams (who can answer client questions directly), although Account Managers should always be looking for revenue opportunities hidden behind client queries.
Revenues will come from:
• Annual price increases on like-for-like renewal.
• Significant revenue growth from syndicated upsell
• Monetising account management by charging for analyst support (extractions, presentations, claim letters etc) and training, whenever possible.
• Custom research revenues – ensure all custom research capabilities are promoted to all clients.
This is a proactive, commercially driven role where success is ultimately measured in revenue growth. Account Managers must be confident and self-motivated, and keen to work closely with clients and drive the commercial agenda.
• Secure contract renewal and grow revenues for each client.
• Develop client relationships:
- understand company organisation, strategy and priorities,
- grow network of users,
- grow usage,
- successfully convey benefits of Passport and Euromonitor’s methodology,
- establish Passport as must-have,
- develop partnership style relationship.
• Train users face-to-face or via online demos.
• Provide expert research support to all clients, through detailed understanding of Euromonitor’s product portfolio and research methodology.
• Encourage information sharing to improve quality of data in Passport.
• Deliver industry presentations.
• Collaborate with industry teams:
- develop product offering to meet the changing needs of our client base,
- leverage research and industry expertise into the client base.
• Client retention – measured against 90% renewal target.
• Incremental revenue / upsell – against monthly and annual targets.
• Completeness of client maps / org charts, knowledge of clients’ businesses.
• Upsell strategy for all clients and clear plan to execute said strategies.
• Number of new users registered on Passport.
• Number of Passport demos (where part of cross sell / Passport upsell agenda.
• Number of live upsell opportunities in pipeline, proposals submitted
• You will be a highly self-motivated professional with a proven track record managing client relationships and delivering incremental revenue in the government arena.
• Networking and communication skills to uncover new opportunities and deepen client relationships.
• Tenacity, drive, commercial awareness and persuasiveness to close deals.
• Target oriented – ability to meet monthly and annual sales targets.
• Ability to manage workload across all clients, balancing proactive commercial activities with reactive client support (keeping the latter to a minimum by leveraging technical support and industry teams).
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Knowledge of consumer markets trends and dynamics preferable
• Research experience and numeracy
- Job Location:
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Company Industry:
- Consulting Services
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Full time
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- $2,000 - $3,000
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Min: 2 Max: 5
- Residence Location:
- United Arab Emirates
- Bachelor's degree / higher diploma