Charter Operation Section Head
1. Request & evaluate Performa Disbursement Allowances (PDA) given by agents & minimize the expenses
2. Settlement of advance, final disbursement & bunker allowances / payments amicably.
3. Requesting the vessel owners for the time charter hire, reviewing & processing payment settlement on time.
4. Identifying & networking with prospective ship owners/ operators, bunker suppliers, and agents.
5. Monitor vessels position, serving ETA notices, & notice of vessel arrival & readiness to load or discharge cargo.
6. Requesting the vessel master for the Cargo Stowage Plan, advising it to the agent & all concerned parties.
7. Comfortable handing-in instructions to vessel masters for loading and discharging.
8. Insuring the issuance of the Bill of Lading & other related shipping documents, including Charter Party.
9. Keeping perspective on current industry standards, practices, and methodologies.
10. Must maintain a database / time series of historical Bunker Prices, and Time Charter market rates.
11. Analyze market information, trends and development, generate reports & forecast.
12. Should prepare the Shipping Budget on, monthly, quarterly, and yearly basis.
13. The incumbent must improve his knowledge of Chartering Operations
14. Must establish very good networking with Ship Owners / Associates worldwide
15. Assist the Bulk Division Manager in negotiating, managing freight rates, and charter party terms.
16. Assist in obtaining freight market indications, checking vessels availability, and calculating freight rates.
17. Assist Bulk Division Manager to negotiate, manage / evaluate contracts (Voyage, Time Charter and COAs)
18. To assist Senior Management in business development and key customers servicing.
19. To carry out any job assignment given by the Management, which relates to the nature of the job.
A college diploma, or the equivalent, in marine operations;
A university degree in business management, administration or the equivalent will be considered an asset;
Minimum of 8 years of experience in marine/vessel operations, Time Charter, Voyage Vessels operations and shipping related activities;
Minimum 5 years as first officer or captain aboard on a Bulk Carrier Vessel;
A solid knowledge and understanding of current marine regulations relating to ship operations and best practices;
Strong communication skills in English as well as solid abilities in writing reports;
Along with being multitask, able to work independently, resourceful and proactive;
Self starter and motivator, with excellent analytical and interpersonal skills;
Good and working knowledge of MS Office as well as computerized planning tools;
1. Experience in dry bulk operations is a must.
2. Fixing experience in vessel Time Charter
3. Should have handled vessel operations on Time Charter basis
4. Should be conversant with various versions of charter parties
5. Should have hands on knowledge about dry bulk cargos, especially fertilizers.
6. Should have knowledge about service boats & ports.
7. Should have experience in commercial negotiations of the freight, finalization of Charter parties
8. Should be able to interact with Agents and Bunker Suppliers to supply vessels and settle payments
9. Should have experience in evaluating Performa Disbursement Allowances (PDA).
- Job Location:
- Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- Company Industry:
- Shipping; Distributions and Logistics; Marine Services
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Full time
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Min: 7
- Residence Location:
- Saudi Arabia
- Bachelor's degree / higher diploma
About This Company
The Saudi Company is involved in number of various industry segments across GCC and beyond including Trading, Transportation, Real Estate and Heavy Duty Machinery Maintenance.