Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
1) Determine how food should be presented, and create decorative food displays.
2) Determine production schedules and kitchen staff requirements.
3) Estimate amounts and costs of required supplies, such as food and ingredients.
4) Inspect supplies, equipment, and work areas to ensure conformance to established standards.
5) Instruct cooks and other workers in the kitchen, cooking, garnishing, and presentation of food.
6) Monitor sanitation practices to ensure that employees follow standards and regulations.
7) Requisition food and other supplies needed to ensure efficient operation.
8) Assist in Recruiting and hiring kitchen staff, including cooks and other kitchen workers.
9) Analyze recipes to assign prices to menu items, based on food, labor, and overhead costs.
10) Arrange for equipment purchases and repairs.
11) Meet with customers to discuss menus for special occasions.
12) Meet with sales representatives in order to negotiate prices and order supplies.
13) Prepare and cook foods of all types.
14) Supervise and coordinate activities of cooks and workers engaged in food preparation.
15) Collaborate with Restaurant Manager to plan and develop recipes and menus, taking into account such factors as seasonal availability of ingredients and the likely number of customers.
16) Check the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
17) Check the quantity and quality of received products.
18) Demonstrate new cooking techniques and equipment to staff.
19) Record production data on specified forms.
1) Minimum two years of Head Cook experience in full service restaurant, with pastry knowledge, having catering experience will be a plus.
2) Coordination; Time Management; Management of Material, Personnel and Financial Resources; Instructing; Active Learning and Listening; Monitoring; Analysis; Equipment Selection; Judgment and Decision Making.
3) Experience in various cooking techniques.
4) Able to work successfully with a team; to lead them.
5) Knows how to speak, read and write English well, Arabic will be a plus.
6) Shows strong Technical, Interpersonal (Communication), and Conceptual (Decision Making).
7) Ability to work long hours and weekends.
- Job Location:
- Hawali, Kuwait
- Company Industry:
- Catering/Food Services/Restaurants
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Full time
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- US$1,000 - $2,000
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Residence Location:
About This Company
A Mediterranean themed restaurant with a difference! Where Service Excellence, Quality Assurance, Cleanliness and Guest satisfaction are Guaranteed. Guests visiting the restaurant, can choose exclusive Mocktail, relax and absorb the atmosphere whilst reading the intoxicating menu of Mediterranean delights, mouthwatering barbecues and grills, as well as the all-time favorite Pizzas, Pastas and Burgers that everyone enjoys, but with a different touch.
At Va-Boca, routineness is out of the question, since every day there’s something new to taste, from Mocktails and Food choices to Background Music and Decoration, so if you’re a type of person that likes changes, and wants to get the best pampered service ever, then this is the place to be.
The concept is to make Va-Boca Restaurant as the one and only dining place where every guest, couple, and family will feel the coziness of their dining area that is home, while away from home.