Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Chemical Sales Engineer - Muscat | Industrial Products
About the Business:
Oman Marketing and Services Company (Omasco) is a leading trading, property and financial services business in the Sultanate of Oman with key activities in automotive, marine, electronics, projects and engineering, industrial products and other services. Established in 1974, the company represents leading world-renowned brands and strives to be one of the most respected companies in Oman. The Sultanate of Oman holds a well deserved reputation as a highly desirable lifestyle location on the Indian Ocean coast of the Arab Peninsular.
Omasco is represented across Oman with sales and service teams based in each key city or town. The team in Omasco is highly motivated towards trying to provide an excellent customer experience supported by regular training by the franchise Principals to ensure all products can be properly serviced and maintained.
The company holds exclusive distributorship rights in Oman for many world-class brands including Honda, Panasonic, Toyo, Yanmar, GE, Black & Decker, Raymond Weil, Kolber, Dow, Prominent, Culligan, Alba, Aftron, Hamilton Jet, YMI(Yamaha Music Instruments), and ADNOC.
About the Job:
We are currently looking to recruit a Chemical Sales Engineer for our Industrial Products division to work in the OMASCO offices in Muscat.
Reporting to the Divisional Manager, you will be responsible for the following:
- Identifying and developing new markets for sales and related services
- Developing and managing the existing client base
- Implementing the Sales strategy of the organisation to achieve maximum revenue and collection goals
- Implementing the service plan for ensuring that the products are performing as per the customer's needs
- Maximising revenue per client, deal size and revenue
- Growing a revenue from each client and building a balanced portfolio of clients across industries and geographies to de-risk revenue growth
- Tracking competitors and their strategies and building on company's market share in each product
- Maintaining sound relationship with principals to obtain market support
- Monitoring and recording marketing spends
- Keeping an eye on new projects coming up and formulating the strategy for gaining the business
To be considered for this role you must have:
- 4-6 years experience as a Sales Engineer of chemical products in Oman /GCC
- A degree in Chemical Engineering
- A post graduate degree in Marketing/Business Administration is a bonus
- Experience in formulation and implementation of sales plan
- Knowledge on Chemicals, Related services
- Conversant with competition analysis and benchmarking
- Experienced in threat assessment of substitute products
- Familiar with assessment of barriers to entry
- Experienced in pricing strategy
- Job Location:
- Company Industry:
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Residence Location:
About This Company
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim is one of the most progressive regional business houses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Structured into six divisions; automotive, retail, electronics, engineering and technology, real estate, financial services and general services, Al-Futtaim operates through more than 60 companies and maintains a decentralised approach, giving individual businesses flexibility and versatility to maintain a competitive stance.
Employing in excess of 20,000 people across the UAE, Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman, Egypt, Syria, Pakistan, Singapore and Europe, this approach benefits employees, providing a clearly defined work culture where individuals are empowered with authority and responsibility for their work.
The success of Al-Futtaim is attributed to proactively managing change whilst upholding the values of integrity, service and social responsibility. The majority of businesses, built on a portfolio of world leading brands, dominate their sector.