Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Our client is a successful mining company which operates eleven mines and produces an impressive amount of gold, base metals, phosphate, aluminium and industrial minerals. With an extensive exploration development program across vast areas of Saudi Arabia and plans under way for new mines, the company is rapidly expanding available resources and broadening its mineral portfolio. Its vision is to become a world-class diversified mining and minerals company while maintaining the utmost concern for human resources, health, safety, and environmental and social issues.
The Chief Geologist is responsible for directing the operations of the Mine Geology department. One of the major objectives will be the generation, evaluation, interpretation and efficient mining of orebody exploration target area. This includes calculating orebody reserve and monitoring the grade. As Chief Geologist, your input will be vital to ensuring that the mining methods and techniques employed guarantee maximization of grade and conservation of reserves.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a new and rapidly growing operation in the prosperous kingdom of Saudi Arabia. With its generous tax incentives, it is a sought-after expatriate region. Benefits include a competitive salary, housing benefits, relocation benefits, and medical care, as well as generous tax incentives.
Our client strives to build and maintain strong and lasting relationships with employees, making for an unparalleled level of job security within a stable environment. Because of the company’s strong belief that utilizing the skills and experience of its people is crucial to maximising its competitive advantage, there are also excellent training opportunities and opportunities for personal and professional growth. Successful candidates will work in a dynamic and secure environment where people are valued, challenged, and developed.
• Supervise the activities of personnel assigned to the Mine Geology department
• Conduct geological studies to generate orebody target areas and monitor their exploration
• Ensure that the orebody is evaluated, interpreted and mined efficiently and economically
• Monitor the grade of the ore resource/reserve mined to ensure that the orebody is maximized and desired grades are achieved
• Exercise control over mining factors via monitoring methods and techniques employed during mining
• Calculate and update ore resource/reserve for the mine on a yearly basis, providing realistic mining geological scenario for targets as developed by Exploration Department
• Participate in feasibility studies of other projects
• Develop short and long term exploration policies, geological database and knowledge of the orebody to enable mined ore to be replenished
• Manage the ore resources by setting strategic goals and objectives and ensuring strict adherence and implementation
• Plan and schedule activities to ensure successful realization of the long term goals of the mine
• Provide geological training courses for employees
• Prepare the departmental budget
• B.Sc. in Mining Geology or Geology
• 8 + years' experience in the mining industry including active underground mines with at least 2 years' in a senior supervisory position
• Good knowledge and operation of geological software such as SURPAC
• Good knowledge of English
B.Sc. in Mining Geology or Geology
- Job Location:
- Saudi Arabia
- Company Industry:
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Full time
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Min: 7
- Residence Location:
- Bachelor's degree / higher diploma
About This Company
We are recruiters of choice for global publicly listed mining companies looking for world class local and expatriate managers. We deal with mining professionals from graduates to senior managers.
We fulfil assignments on a contingency basis from our database, meaning that you only pay us when a candidate accepts a job with you. It is quick, easy and zero risk.
For job seekers
We offer support and advice for job seekers and are always keen to hear from you if you are looking for a new role. We have great contacts around the world and can find you a variety of options.