Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Commerical Management Director | AFGRE | Egypt
Project Services Manager AFGRE:
About Al-Futtaim Group Real Estate (AFGRE)
Al-Futtaim Group Real Estate (AFGRE) is the real estate development and operations arm of Al-Futtaim group which is headquartered in Dubai. AFGRE is responsible for the origination, conception, development, procurement and construction of mega projects and the leasing, sales and operation of these projects after completion.
In addition, AFGRE develops and operates an extensive multi-million dollar portfolio of individual corporate real estate and investment assets across the MENA region.
The two current flagship mixed use urban communities under the Festival City brand are the award winning, Dubai Festival City (5.2 million square metres) and Cairo Festival City (3 million square metres).
About Cairo Festival City
Cairo Festival City is the second fully integrated mega project to be progressively delivered. Encompassing the finest shopping, dining, entertainment, homes, school, offices and leisure, Cairo Festival City is connected by an internal road network and a necklace of parks interlaced throughout the city. Upon completion, Cairo Festival City will be home to over 13,000 residents in villas and apartments and a place to work for 50,000 office staffs.
About the Job:
We are currently looking for a Commercial Management Director to provide Commercial Management Services across multi-program work in locations worldwide and setting commercial and project control strategy and policy for implementation
Key Responsibilities of the role will be:
- Develop, maintain, and expand the Al Futtaim Group Real Estate (AFGRE) Egypt business and act as the Director of Commercial Management Services
- Implement cost management, contractual project control and planning systems and processes for the AFGRE business
- Manage and direct the Commercial Management services department to ensure implementation of budget, cost and risk management across team
- Develop strategy for procurement of projects and consultancy services to meet lime, quality, and cost requirements of the development plan
- Manage resolutions of claims and disputes using outsourced and internal resources dependent on complexity, size claim and resources available in compliance with contractual terms and timescales
- Ensure the production, maintenance of accurate budget reporting on a monthly basis
- Maintain appropriate levels of staff for proper Commercial Management Services as well as direct the Administration team
- Able to manage and implement Planning Services and Project Services
- Advise on risk allocation for development progress including the progress through contractual and insurance means to offset commercial risk whilst ensuring compliance with the Delegation of Authority
- Develop and implement key project controls including development of stage gate approach
- Provide support to feasibility and development teams in life cycle costing and preparation of investment case feasibilities and strategies
Skills and Experience:
To apply for the role you should have the following skills and experiences:
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge:
- University Graduate in Construction, Economics, Quantity Surveying, or equivalent
- Profession qualifications (MRICS, MCIOB)
- Proficient in MS office (MS Excel/Word/PowerPoint) and knowledge of Primavera, Expedition preferable
- Fluent in English
- +20 years' experience in senior position and/or directorship in commercial role (contractors, clients, consultants, and developers) in the real estate or construction sector
- Able to effectively take on a leadership role
- Extensive knowledge of the real estate development and construction sector
- A good communicator, listener and have an understanding of conflict management
- Able to make sound, concrete decisions and set the commercial and project control strategy and policies
- Job Location:
- Company Industry:
- Management; Real Estate
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Years of Experience:
- Residence Location:
About This Company
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim is one of the most progressive regional business houses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Structured into six divisions; automotive, retail, electronics, engineering and technology, real estate, financial services and general services, Al-Futtaim operates through more than 60 companies and maintains a decentralised approach, giving individual businesses flexibility and versatility to maintain a competitive stance.
Employing in excess of 20,000 people across the UAE, Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman, Egypt, Syria, Pakistan, Singapore and Europe, this approach benefits employees, providing a clearly defined work culture where individuals are empowered with authority and responsibility for their work.
The success of Al-Futtaim is attributed to proactively managing change whilst upholding the values of integrity, service and social responsibility. The majority of businesses, built on a portfolio of world leading brands, dominate their sector.