Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Commi 1 - Pei Wei -Kuwait
Pei Wei Asian Diner is a workplace just outside your usual routine. We're looking for people interested in exploring the foreign yet familiar. With menu items from five Asian cultures and a vibrant working environment, Pei Wei is just East of Usual' Now hiring for dedicated, adventurous individuals for our New Stores Openings.
- Prepare all recipes according to company standards, prepares for next service.
- Adapt to any work station requested by Senior Chef & follow food hygiene & safety practices at all times.
- Set up the mis-en-place station for the various meal periods according to performance standard
- Collect food requisitions from the kitchen / commissary kitchen as directed
- Breakdown work station at the end of meal periods & store the food away properly in the fridge to HACCAP standard
- Prepare check & taste the food before the service
- Examine filled tray for completeness & appearance, & store completed trays in refrigerated storage cabinets to be sent to dining room
- Work in any station of the kitchen when necessary or as requested by Executive Chef / Head Chef / Sous Chef/ Chef de Partie
- Familiarise to all sections of the kitchen, so is able to cover all sections. Brief the incoming shift
- Maintain high levels of cleanliness in the kitchen at all time. Cleans and arrange working area before leaving. Maintain all kitchen equipment and plate wear
- Completely understands and adheres to the Company's policy relating to fire, hygiene and safety
- Maintain a good relationship with the rest of team & play an active part of the team by attending training sessions & meetings. Up hold company dress code & professional standards at all times.
- Maintain good working relationship with colleagues and all other departments. Maintain a high standard of personal appearance & hygiene at all times. Attend all meetings & training as required by the Management. Respond positively to changes in the department as and when necessary. Provide a courteous & professional service at all times.
- Minimize waste of all food items. Report if stock is low or item are missing.
- 2-3 years of stable work history in a hands-on, high-volume restaurant environment
- Must be able to stand and walk for periods of 8 to 12 hours per shift
- Must be able to speak clearly, listen attentively to employees, the management team and guests
- Read, write and speak English fluently
- Job Location:
- Company Industry:
- Catering/Food Services/Restaurants
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Entry Level
- Years of Experience:
- Residence Location:
About This Company
M.H. Alshaya is a leading international franchise operator for over 70 of the world’s most recognized retail brands. The company operates more than 2,400 stores across 7 divisions: Fashion & Footwear, Food, Health & Beauty, Optics, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Office Supplies. Alshaya’s stores can currently be found in 19 markets across the Middle East & North Africa, Russia, Turkey and Europe and it employs more than 32,000 people from over 110 nationalities.