Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Commi I Bakery - Dean & Deluca, Kuwait
Almost 40 years ago, two young New Yorkers, Joel Dean and Giorgio DeLuca, opened their gourmet food emporium in SoHo, an up-and-coming artists' neighborhood in Manhattan. Offering customers a sumptuous celebration of food, a place to experience all of the pleasures of cooking and eating, the original store suggested a turn-of-the-century food department, with high ceiling fans spinning over a vast array of handcrafted products and artisan foods lining high, white walls.
Today, DEAN & DELUCA is an international purveyor of gourmet and quality specialty foods, DEAN & DELUCA specialty products and high-end kitchenware with operations throughout the United States, Tokyo, Kuwait and Qatar. DEAN & DELUCA cafés are found in these countries as well, in addition to Taipei and Dubai. In addition to its corporate gift catalog and e-commerce site, DEAN & DELUCA also markets its private label products to other retailers and wholesalers throughout the world.
Strolling DEAN & DELUCA in Kuwait is a food adventure, with discoveries at every turn. Friendly staff members offer tastes - of cheeses, charcuterie, olive oils, exotic fruits, breads and pastries, chocolates and Arabic sweets. Meat and Fish counters display the finest products, locally and internationally procured. For those who want to share the joy of eating chef-prepared delicacies at home, DEAN & DELUCA offers an extensive and breathtaking array of freshly prepared foods to go, from chicken pot pie to paella to sautéed peppers to pomegranate seed-garnished Middle Eastern salads.
Providing expert advice on all things culinary is a DEAN & DELUCA trademark. At the in-store kitchen, chefs prepare dishes before your eyes, demonstrating techniques to try at home as well as tastes of dishes ranging from Pasta Pomodoro to the French fish stew called bouillabaisse. Looking for that perfect gift A concierge service is happy to consult on the selection of delicious delicacies for a gift basket that will be treasured - and eaten with delight.
The in-store DEAN & DELUCA Café provides a welcome resting spot in which to enjoy a gourmet sandwich, savory soup, custom salad, or a home-baked pastry accompanied by DEAN & DELUCA's signature, a steaming pink strawberry latte.
We are looking for a Commi I who will work in the Bakery production kitchen.
The ideal candidate must have knowledge in international Bakery production at least 3+ years of practical experience.
- Contribute to the smooth running of the bakery kitchen by assisting the CDP in areas of profit management, stock and wastage control, food standards and training and development of the kitchen brigade.
- Preparing and present and Oversee the preparation, and the presentation to a highest standard.
- Maintain hygiene practices and actively develop kitchen skills and knowledge.
- Ensure that specific and accurate product specifications are used as per the approved recipes cards and train the employees in kitchen, in the skills necessary for them to perform their function to the highest possible standards.
- To supply the highest level of customer care and service whether in the public.
- To adhere to company procedures in regards to temperature checks, food labeling and dating, cleaning schedules and hygiene regulations at all times and ensuring that all records of such are updated and kept.
- The person holding this position must be organized.
- Able to work well in a high stress environment and able to take direction well from either the Pastry chef
- Previous 5 star hotel experiences are preferable or considerable experience working in a professional kitchen.
- Experience in Bakery Kitchen
- Good English knowledge in writing, reading and speaking is a must.
- Job Location:
- Company Industry:
- Catering/Food Services/Restaurants
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Residence Location:
About This Company
M.H. Alshaya is a leading international franchise operator for over 70 of the world’s most recognized retail brands. The company operates more than 2,400 stores across 7 divisions: Fashion & Footwear, Food, Health & Beauty, Optics, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Office Supplies. Alshaya’s stores can currently be found in 19 markets across the Middle East & North Africa, Russia, Turkey and Europe and it employs more than 32,000 people from over 110 nationalities.