The construction Manager will be responsible for planning and coordinating the construction projects, involve from the projects initial conception, and ensuring that all project work is carried out according to the client’s specification.
1. Requisition supplies and materials to complete construction projects
2. Evaluates construction methods and determines cost-effectiveness of plans, using computers
3. Develops and maintains a professional working relationship with the client, contractor, and regulatory agencies
4. Attends periodic progress / coordination meetings and prepare meeting minutes
5. Reviews and/or prepares requests for payment
6. Prepares daily, and monthly reports, quantity calculations, and other reports
7. Reviews and evaluates change management requests
8. Determines labor requirements and dispatch workers to construction sites
9. Assists the Project Manager in directing project activities.
10. Reviews project work scope and requirements for compliance to engineering design, materials procurement, fabrication and construction.
11. Reviews project resources, project budget and project schedule.
12. Oversees construction and modularization works are undertaken according to required designs, specifications, standards and other requirements; ensures completion of project according to budget and schedule
13. Keeps track of fabrication, erection and/or construction progress;
14. Recommends changes, modifications or new processes based on evaluation of existing processes to maintain or increase performance.
15. Checks regularly project cost; provides Project Manager with timely identification of deviations from budget.
16. Maintains records of all site activities including information on labor & equipment and non-compliant materials and workmanship.
17. Assists Project Manager in managing complex and out-of-policy operational problems
18. Secures approval of client/customer on all items within the scope of work.
19. Coordinates with various departments; answers project inquiries and coordinates with other departments on project-related issues.
20. Performs other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
21. Liaison and coordination with all other senior engineers to have proper smooth construction achievements.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Science, Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Building Management, or equivalent is preferred
2. 12-20 years of related, relevant experience in various aspects of construction management including, but not limited to estimating, subcontracts, scheduling, cost control, etc
3. Possess general knowledge of all disciplines of construction
4. Understand the major deliverable terms of the engineering and construction contracts and manage projects accordingly
5. Experience with computer software (AutoCAD, Contract Manager, etc.) is preferred
6. Must be able to read and interpret construction drawings and technical specifications
7. Strong verbal and written communication skills
8. Overtime work will be required
9. Proficiency with computer software including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc. is required
10. Experience with planning (primavera 6 )
1. Resources management
2. Planning and prioritizing
3. Conflict management
4. Above average logical and problem-solving skills
5. Strong interpersonal, leadership and communication skills.
6. Above average skills in time management and project planning
7. Above average skills in quantity surveying, PERT/CPM, earned value analysis and variance & trend analysis.
8. Experience in industrial projects
- Job Location:
- Basra, Iraq
- Company Industry:
- Construction/Civil Engineering
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Years of Experience:
- Min: 15 Max: 20
- Residence Location:
- Bachelor's degree / higher diploma