Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Consultant - SAP ABAP | Enterprise IT
About the company:
Al-Futtaim Enterprise IT (EIT) is responsible for IT Applications and Infrastructure Management for the Al-Futtaim group of companies. The core components of EIT are Business Application Management, Infrastructure & Operations, Enterprise Architecture, Service Management, Information Security, IT Procurement and IT Governance.
About the role:
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Consultant - SAP ABAP. Reporting to the Manager - SAP Technical Architecture, you will be responsible for the successful delivery of functional and technical components of developing solutions using SAP ABAP. You will implement SAP best practices within the business, be a team player with excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills.
You will have experience in interpreting functional requirements along with the ability to produce detailed and concise documentation.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Delivery of Programme / Project solutions / Request for Change
- Handling Support Calls
- Functional Team and Business User Coordination
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and experience -
- Degree in Information Systems or related discipline
- Experience in SAP development process and preparing technical specifications
- Overall IT experience of around 4-6 years
- A minimum of 4 years' experience in the design, configuration, testing, debugging, delivery and support of SAP ABAP solutions
- Skills to include ALV, Smartforms, SAP Script, Adobe Forms, BDC's, BAPI's, RFC's, User Exits, BADI's, Enhancement Spots/Points
- Skills in developing Generic Extractors for BI, Enhancements and Transformation Routines
- Skills in Workflow and UWL (Universal Work List)
- Should possess skills in ABAP Webdynpro and BSP
- Experience in performing Upgrade Adjustments (SPDD/SPAU)
- Good understanding of SAP Netweaver platform
- Experience in managing offshore development / vendor management
- Exposure to SAP ASAP and agile development methodologies
- A proven track record in designing and implementing change in complex businesses
- Job Location:
- Company Industry:
- Information Technology
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Residence Location:
About This Company
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim is one of the most progressive regional business houses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Structured into six divisions; automotive, retail, electronics, engineering and technology, real estate, financial services and general services, Al-Futtaim operates through more than 60 companies and maintains a decentralised approach, giving individual businesses flexibility and versatility to maintain a competitive stance.
Employing in excess of 20,000 people across the UAE, Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman, Egypt, Syria, Pakistan, Singapore and Europe, this approach benefits employees, providing a clearly defined work culture where individuals are empowered with authority and responsibility for their work.
The success of Al-Futtaim is attributed to proactively managing change whilst upholding the values of integrity, service and social responsibility. The majority of businesses, built on a portfolio of world leading brands, dominate their sector.