Develop, execute and review full contracting process, contract strategy, and tactics and contract Management activities for the Qatar Rail.
The job holder is accountable for defining business requirements, scope and specifications of contracts with optimum lead times, costs and risk assessment by engaging stakeholders and to ensure execution of contracts with performance delivery both in technical and commercial aspects.
1. Develops and manages procurement and contracting Policy and Procedures.
2. Develops standard contract terms and conditions for all departments.
3. Assesses to revise contracting strategies and conditions for improvement.
4. Prepares actual contract documents.
5. Arranges for final contract document review and acceptance by legal, end-user department and contractor.
6. Amends contracts to incorporate variations.
7. Provides advice on all contractual issues during the complete life cycle of the Contract until the contract closes out.
8. Evaluates and monitors contract performance to ensure compliance with contractual obligations and to determine need for changes.
9. Resolves vendor and contractor grievances, and claims against suppliers.
10. Maintains records of deliverables completed and received.
11. Develops innovative contracting approaches to achieve positive outcomes.
12. Keeps abreast of new legislation, government policy, best practice and relevant external factors relevant to procurement and contracting activity.
13. Ensures effective audit and performance management mechanisms are in place and provide statutory returns and reports as required.
• 10 years similar experience either within a client, consultant environment.
• Commercial / procurement/ legal experience on major infrastructure projects.
• International and Middle East experience advantageous.
• Excellent document drafting and contract formation skills.
• Strong working knowledge of the FIDIC suite of contracts.
• Ability to translate Qatar Rail contracting strategy into effective and comprehensive contract documents.
• Claims investigations and resolution.
• Specialist knowledge of procurement concepts, processes, activities and trends.
• Highly numerate, with highly developed analytical skills using qualitative and quantitative data.
• Computer skills including proficiency in common word processing, spread sheet, MS project and presentation programmes .
• Advanced analytical interpretation and problem-solving skills.
• Business, communication, change management and customer service skills.
• Effective interpersonal and influencing skills.
• Experienced negotiator with practical expectation of what can be achieved.
• Ability to respond appropriately in unplanned and unforeseen circumstances.
• Ability to measure and achieve targets and objectives.
• Effective time management, priority setting and planning skills.
• Lead by example, promoting the highest standards of conduct, integrity and probity .
• Excellent communication skills.
• Ability to build lasting relationships and command confidence with management, all colleagues and stakeholders
This job is posted in the following Specialties:FIDIC Highly Analytical Light Rail Rail Strong Business Acumen
Engineer, Quantity Surveyor, Law
- Job Location:
- Doha, Qatar
- Company Industry:
- Construction; Engineering; Transportation
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Full time
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Min: 10
- Residence Location:
- Bachelor's degree / higher diploma
About This Company
Qatar Rail was established as a direct result of the vision of His Highness The Emir, Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani. It is one of a number of transformational projects that aim to continue the progression of Qatar into an advanced country capable of sustaining its development and providing a high standard of living for its entire people by 2030. The implementation of this great vision has begun and the national development plan is on track to fulfill the nation’s dream.
Qatar Rail will be the owner and manager of Qatar’s rail network and will be responsible for the design, construction, commissioning, operation and maintenance of the entire rail network and systems.
The Qatar Rail Programs are a major national endeavor for the State of Qatar, and we at Qatar Rail are in partnership with international and local companies to bring the visionary programs to life.
The planned integrated national rail network will unify all rails in Qatar and will connect Qatar’s Rail network to neighboring countries to create the region’s first fully integrated rail system. By combining traditional elements with state-of-the art modern features, these programs will create the region’s most comfortable, reliable, and safe railway system.
We aim to develop a sustainable system which will realize our national dream and create a new business sector for Qatar.