Contract Specialist - Wells
Position description - Purpose:
We are currently looking for CP colleagues in the CP Wells Operated Majnoon Team. There is a wide range of categories, scope of work and opportunity to play a role in the delivery of the Wells element of this important Project.
The Contract Specialist will manage the execution of the complete Category Management & Contracting Process (CMCP) including Contract Strategy, Tactics and Contract Management activities for the assigned contract portfolio.
Position description - Accountabilities :
• Development of strategies for assigned key spend categories.
• Implementation of global strategies across the Operated theme and /or local level.
• Delivery and management of contracts and cost management / value improvement targets.
• Conducting tenders, evaluate bids and negotiate contracts.
• Identify, develop and implement supply chain improvement opportunities.
• Implementation of Contractor HSSE practices in close liaison with Contract Managers / Holders and Owners.
• Manage key and challenging supplier relationships.
• Upload and release and close-out contracts in SAP.
• Maintain close working relationships with various internal disciplines, . wells, Global Category Managers, Regional Focal Points, technical specialists, legal, HSSE, risk and insurance, finance logistics, etc., and ensure their recommendations are taken into account in all stages of the contracting process.
• Maintain records within established records management system.
• Work closely with Logistics team to ensure Wells Equipment are delivered on-time.
Position description - Dimensions:
Wells Operated spend is in excess of USD bln per annum. Contract Specialists in the respective category teams are expected to be responsible for a number of strategic and tactical contracts. Full filed development of Majnoon will encompass the drilling and maintenance of more than 1,000 wells, employing leading edge technologies and associated contracting practices and techniques.
Position description - Special Challenges:
Implementation of CP Standard Operating Model.
Working Cross-border in the developing thematically driven, category enabled CP Wells Operating Model.
Close cooperation and working relation with the respective Global Category Manager(s).
Ensuring professional execution of all activities carried out in accordance with CMCP by both CP colleagues and other persons involved in the process.
Flexibility to vary portfolio of work according to demand within CP Wells.
Experience and Qualifications required:
A degree level or proven long term broad experience within CP with preferably Wells related Function experience.
Proven experience in (contract) negotiations and complex tender evaluations
High commercial acumen and business sense, ambitious and ready to meet the challenge.
Strong & proven interpersonal, influencing & stakeholder management skills.
Ability to communicate with all levels of professionals and managers.
Ability to plan and execute work plans within tight time
- Job Location:
- Company Industry:
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Residence Location:
About This Company
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies. Our aim is to meet the world's energy needs in ways that are viable, now and in the future.
By joining Shell you can help make a difference to the world and get more out of your working life than you thought possible. As a Graduate or a Professional discover the wealth of application opportunities that exist and find your next career move.
Learn more at http://www.shell.com/careers.