Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
• Perform all activities associated with the contact lifecycle and tendering process to support Q.NBN’s procurement needs, ensuring that best practices in contracting are applied and that Q.NBN’s procurement objectives are achieved in a time and cost efficient manner.
• Be a primary participant in the contract drafting process
• Attend to the tendering process including Request for Proposals, Request for Quotes and oversee evaluation of tender submissions.
• Carry out contract management activities once a contract has been approved, including monitoring progress, recommending escalations and/or amendments.
• Liase closely with legal, technical and finance departments in arriving at contracts which further business objectives and protect the Company from a financial and commercial perspective.
• Establish contract standards, including the creation, maintenance, and approval of clauses, variables, deliverables, and contract templates.
• Adhere to contract best practices, ensuring that all contracts are authored and executed based on approved legal and business policies and procedures.
• Liaise and consult with Counsel for legal opinions and in order to establish contract standards and reach agreements on key contractual and legal issues.
• Provide business and ongoing commercial advice to Q.NBN departments as needed to ensure consistency in contracts management.
• Monitor prospective changes to regulations and ensure compliance with contract's SLAs.
• Monitor vendor performance through the relevant project managers to ensure compliance with all contractual terms and conditions
• Communicate with Procurement Director on recommendations to resolve vendor performance issues
• Provide on-going management and maintenance of vendor contracts.
• Ensure timely renewal/ replacement of contracts.
• Maintain confidentiality of verbal and written information; handle purchase orders, pricing inquiries and quotations in an appropriate manner.
• Practice duties and roles in line with the authorities as illustrated in the authority matrix.
• This covers the key responsibilities to be performed, but is not all inclusive. It doesn’t preclude other responsibilities from being assigned and undertaken.
Educational Qualifications & Certifications
• Bachelor’s degree in Legal, Business Administration or a related field.
• At least 6 years of related experience in procurement and the supply chain process, preferably within the telecommunications industry or related field.
• Sound business judgement
• Execution focused
• Ability to coordinate multiple requirements.
• Team player
- Job Location:
- Doha, Qatar
- Company Industry:
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Full time
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Min: 5
- Residence Location:
- Bachelor's degree / higher diploma
About This Company
Qatar National Broadband Network Company (Qnbn) is an independent company wholly owned by the government, with a mandate to enable accessible high-speed communications with the right cutting edge technology platform across Qatar. Through its visionary and collaborative approach to the market, Qnbn will help to empower the nation with broadband fiber access to citizens and businesses alike in line with the Qatar ICT Strategy 2015.
Qnbn aims to have maximum coverage by 2015 as it serves the wider digitization agenda of the country. The next generation fiber optics network which is the alternative to copper will become exponentially faster, bringing community and enterprise benefits of enhanced delivery of services, cost savings, increased competitiveness and improved sustainability.
Qnbn will focus solely on the deployment of a passive network infrastructure, providing equal and open access to operators to offer choice for the end-user and efficiently leveraging existing and new infrastructure in Qatar. Hence Qnbn is committed to building a shareable fiber optic network and providing access to it on an open, equal and non-discriminatory basis to licensed telecommunications operators whilst providing a choice of operators to end users.
The company will work closely with the private sector, specifically network operators that are investing in a fiber-network to ensure efforts are not duplicated and assets are shared to maximize impact.
Qnbn, one of the first government initiatives in the region, is the reflection of Qatar’s Vision 2030 and the government’s commitment towards becoming the best connected country in the GCC and one of the most connected in the world.
Qnbn operates within the existing laws and under license conditions issued by ictQATAR.