The job holder is accountable for preparing, reviewing and administering contracts in order to ensure execution and performance in accordance with the contractual terms and in compliance with the regulations.
1. Assists in the planning, development and on-going management of complex Work/ Services Contracts and proposals.
2. Assists in the development of administrative procedures designed to comply with appropriate federal and Q RAIL regulations affecting Work or Services contracts.
3. Compiles information from contractor bid proposals and bid specifications in the preparation of contracts to include mathematical equations, specialized tables and complex contractual language.
4. Processes and creates initial contract agreements, required insurance and bonds, project checklists, encumbrances, notices to proceed, change orders, field orders, pay requests, and a variety of other documents.
5. Monitors Contractor performance on complex contracts assigned and ensures compliance to Contract Terms and Conditions.
6. Inputs, edits, stores, retrieves, formats, prints, and accumulates a variety of documents and reports that relate to contract development and contractor performance.
7. Resolves problems interfering with performance of contracts.
8. Negotiates modifications to contracts, exercises options, and files for cost overruns.
9. Prepares reports to provide management with status of outstanding proposals or expenditures charged against contracts. Initiates correspondence on a wide variety of contract matters.
10. Interacts with staff, clients, and outside contractors on contractual inquiries and contract performance. Performs related duties as assigned.
Minimum 6 years Contracts experience including 2 years in the administration or preparation of contracts within the project related industries and preferably experience for Arabian Gulf region.
• Sound knowledge of commercial practices, and legal aspects and good negotiation and decision making skills. Knowledge of contract administration and close-out techniques sufficient to administer complex contracts.
• Ability to compile contract issues, provision and requirements and successfully develop the proper response and position.
• Good knowledge of specialized computer applications.
• Proficiency in English writing and language skills.
• Communication skills both written and verbal.
• Demonstrated negotiation skills.
• Analytical skills .
• Adaptability to changing conditions and working environments .
This job is posted in the following Specialties:Analysis Analytical Approach Analytical Techniques Language Proficiency
- Job Location:
- Doha, Qatar
- Company Industry:
- Construction/Civil Engineering; Transportation; Engineering
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Full time
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Min: 7
- Residence Location:
- Bachelor's degree / higher diploma
About This Company
Qatar Rail was established as a direct result of the vision of His Highness The Emir, Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani. It is one of a number of transformational projects that aim to continue the progression of Qatar into an advanced country capable of sustaining its development and providing a high standard of living for its entire people by 2030. The implementation of this great vision has begun and the national development plan is on track to fulfill the nation’s dream. Qatar Rail will be the owner and manager of Qatar’s rail network and will be responsible for the design, construction, commissioning, operation and maintenance of the entire rail network and systems. The Qatar Rail Programs are a major national endeavor for the State of Qatar, and we at Qatar Rail are in partnership with international and local companies to bring the visionary programs to life. The planned integrated national rail network will unify all rails in Qatar and will connect Qatar’s Rail network to neighboring countries to create the region’s first fully integrated rail system. By combining traditional elements with state-of-the art modern features, these programs will create the region’s most comfortable, reliable, and safe railway system. We aim to develop a sustainable system which will realize our national dream and create a new business sector for Qatar.