• Pulling of fiber optic cable direct buried and underground cable.
• Assembling and installing of fiber optic coupling, coupling panel, splice organizer, fiber optic patch-panel and fiber optic enclosure.
• Cable preparation, splicing and connectorization of fiber optic cable.
• Troubleshooting fiber optic splitter
• Testing of fiber optic cable using OTDR, CDPMD and power meter.
• Pulling of copper cable, direct buried, aerial and underground cable.
• Cable preparation, termination and splicing of copper communication cables
• Testing of copper cable using COPPER PRO (fluke tester)
• Installation of 502 protector, RPT terminal, QCM, 489 protector, R66 terminal, 110 block terminal, Raychem direct buried and Preform closure, telephone pedestals ( GHC-6, GHC-8, UP 900, UP 1000) and cross connection cabinets.
• Verification of working lines inside the communication room testing of spare or assigned cable count prior to cable transfer.
• Installation of jumper wire as per design prior to commissioning.
Construction of a new communication room, installation of equipment rack, cable ladder, cable raceways, MDF’s, grounding bus-bar and telephone/data Patch-panel and Outlet.
Pulling of UTP cable from communication room to telephone/data outlet for both temporary and permanent communications.
• Termination of UTP cable to telephone/data patch-panel and outlet.
• Testing of UTP cable using Penta/Omni Scanner.
• Installation and termination of cable and grounding wire.
• Arrangement and mounting of cable and grounding wire using lacing twine.
• Performs complex repairs and maintenance routines in response to critical troubles reports.
• Re-opening and replacing of Raychem and Stainless Steel Preformed Closures.
• Removal and replacement of protector block, wall and indoor DP including U-guard.
• Perform I and R (Installation and Repair) procedures if/when required for both fiber optic and copper cables.
• 3-5 years experience in similar position.
• Excellent communication skills (oral & written).
• English written and speaking.
Bachelor's Degree in a related discipline
- Job Location:
- Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- Company Industry:
- Information Technology; Technical/Maintenance
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Employment Status:
- Full time
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Min: 3
- Residence Location:
- Algeria; Bahrain; Comoros; Djibouti; Egypt; India; Iraq; Jordan; Kuwait; Lebanon; Libya; Mauritania; Morocco; Oman; Pakistan; Palestine; Qatar; Saudi Arabia; Somalia; Sudan; Syria; Tunisia; United Arab Emirates; Yemen
- Bachelor's degree / higher diploma