Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Apply the credit and collections policy and procedures in a manner that will promote maximum sales, minimum risk to receivables and the prompt conversion of receivables to cash.
• Review, update and apply credit policy and procedures to ensure customer accounts are maintained within accepted company / department guidelines.
• Manage credit function for assigned region and/or assigned customers.
• Regular review of customers’ financial stability and creditworthiness. Support mgmt in conducting financial reviews.
• Monitor / review regularly the status of collections (account balances and aging) to assure that accounts receivable are in sound condition.
• Follow closely any account deemed to be at risk and provide regular updates to mgmt.
• Liaise with marketing, legal dept, program mgmt, order mgmt and other internal functional groups to effectively manage sales & collections efforts for all assigned customers.
• Review credit check queue as required and release orders as necessary and appropriate within departmental procedures.
• Check monthly balances of customers; when records indicate that customers may be exceeding safe limits, takes appropriate steps to prevent past due accounts.
• Make field contacts, visit customers when necessary.
• Cash application of receipts on customer accounts.
• Assist mgmt handling bankrupt accounts and liaising with council, customer, marketing etc.
• Review, update and monitor monthly collection forecasts.
• Attend and represent credit department in relevant process improvement meetings (e.g. IT, order processes, sales review) and customer status meetings
Regional finance support function:
• Assist regional finance in fixed expense budgeting, P/L reviews, forecasting, and planning process
• Assist Regional V.P. with special projects that they may request in managing their respective departments.
• Strong proficiency in the use of MS office suite of software applications i.e. Excel, Word, and Outlook. Oracle experience preferred.
• Initiative, adaptability and ingenuity in meeting new situations and changing conditions.
• Adept at handling unpleasant situations with tact and diplomacy.
• Adept at handling customer and internal relations diplomatically and firmly when required.
• Strong written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate effectively and convincingly.
• Resourceful in identifying needs, unsatisfactory conditions, and the causes of such conditions.
• Ability prioritizing tasks and efficient job execution
• Adept ability to analyze complex problems constructively and be resourceful in following up difficult situations to a successful conclusion.
• Use professional concepts and apply company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
• Work on problems of moderate to diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
• Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
• Strong cross cultural and regional understanding
• Basic understanding in balance sheet, profit & loss and cash flow statement
• Ability to work independently without daily supervision
• 2 year college degree (Finance / Accounting degree preferred) or equivalent of 4 years experience in customer service.
• 3- 5 year previous credit or finance / accounting experience (preferred)
- Job Location:
- Dubai, UAE
- Company Industry:
- Airlines/Aviation; Engineering
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Full time
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Min: 2
- Residence Location:
- Bachelor's degree / higher diploma
About This Company
Panasonic Avionics is the world leader in in-flight entertainment and communications, with most systems installed, most airlines served, and the industries deepest knowledge base, developed with over 25 years of consistent product innovation and committed customer service.
Panasonic Avionics Corporation is headquartered in Lake Forest, California, with offices in Bothell, Washington; regional centers in Dallas, Singapore, London, Toulouse, Tokyo, Sydney and Dubai; system production facilities in Osaka; and field service, maintenance and sales facilities worldwide.
Panasonic Avionics Corporation is a subsidiary of Panasonic Corporation of North America. Panasonic Corporation of North America, based in New Jersey, is the principal North American subsidiary of Panasonic Corporation (NYSE: PC) and the hub of Panasonic's U.S. marketing, sales and service operations