The DBA needs to operate and maintain Oracle DBs used by different applications' servers and to troubleshoot any problems related to them. He also needs to analyze the performance of the DBs and report to high management. Works around to facilitate the daily operations should be provided by him if needed.
• Operate and maintain of the entire Oracle DBs.
• Support and troubleshoot Oracle DB related issues and problems.
• Develop scripts to perform routine database administration tasks and to monitor production databases.
• Perform 24x7 support for emergency, critical and major databases' issues
• Tune Oracle DB parameters to best practice values.
• Escalate to Oracle TAC and manage the cases related to them.
• Suggest workaround solutions to reduce the outages in production DBs.
• Develop, implement, and maintain processes and procedures for database administration on production and non-production servers.
• Train other team members on new procedures related to DB.
• Participate in the applications' routine operations and maintenance work.
• Significant training and certificates in Oracle DBs are preferred.
• Must have a minimum of 2 year experience in operating, maintaining and developing Oracle DBs.
• Excellent knowledge in Oracle 11g DBs.
• Extensive experience with databases requiring high availability.
• In depth experience performing database tuning and performance analysis.
• Knowledge of Oracle alerts, creation, maintenance and troubleshooting.
• Familiar with database replication processes.
• Familiar with TimesTen technology.
• Excellent knowledge of Solaris or UNIX systems administration and scripting.
• In depth understanding of all aspects of networking, 3G, 4G and WiMAX will be plus.
• Fluent in English. Arabic knowledge will be plus.
This job is posted in the following Specialties:Data Administration
Computer Science, Computer Engineering or IT"
- Job Location:
- Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- Company Industry:
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Support Services
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Full time
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Min: 2 Max: 5
- Residence Location:
- Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- Bachelor's degree / higher diploma
About This Company
Regional telecom system integrator and provider of professional and managed telecom services. Headquartered in Amman-Jordan with regional offices in KSA and UAE. Waseela (www.waseela-net.com) is the regional strategic partner of several leading international vendors including Samsung, RedLine Communications, Dragon Wave, Accuver and AlanDick.