Deputy Chief Emergency Response Officer
Shell has been at the forefront of the natural gas industry for more than 40 years and we have an unrivalled global position in natural gas amongst private energy companies. We’re the world's largest equity producer of liquefied natural gas and hold a leading position in the world’s key natural gas markets of Europe, Asia-Pacific and United States. As the world searches for greener forms of energy, we expect demand for natural gas - the cleanest hydrocarbon - to double over the next two decades, and are well positioned to capture growth opportunities.
The Pearl Gas to Liquids (GTL) project includes the development of offshore natural gas resources in Qatar’s North Field. Upstream, natural gas will be produced, transported and processed to produce 120,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day of condensate, liquefied petroleum gas and ethane. Downstream, dry gas will be used as feedstock to produce 140,000 barrels per day of clean, high quality GTL fuels and products.
We are looking to recruit a Deputy Chief Emergency Response Officer.
* Support the delivery of emergency response plans and procedures
* Administer and participate in emergency drill and exercises as part of continuous improvement to the emergency response organization
* Maintain and update all resource materials and equipment associated with emergency preparedness plans and ensure the upkeep & readiness of all emergency response equipment,
* Develop and maintain liaisons with external entities in order to facilitate emergency plan development, response effort coordination, and exchanges of personnel and equipment,
* Be informed of activities or changes that could affect the likelihood of an emergency, as well as those that could affect response efforts and details of plan implementation,
* Conduct surveys / audits of emergency response-related arrangements or provide technical support to others conducting such surveys / audits, and
* Carry out ad-hoc duties as required by the Chief Emergency Response Officer.
You have a recognised fire officer, HAZMAT qualifications and/or Incident Command System qualifications. You have proven experience in Emergency Response Management & Fire Ground Command. You have knowledge of emergency management in an industrial plant operating environment. Experience in implementation of emergency response systems and capability in a new project startup and during SIMOPS would be advantageous.
- Job Location:
- Company Industry:
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Full time
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Residence Location:
- Bachelor's degree / higher diploma