The vision of Shell Iraq Petroleum development Company (SIPD) is to be a leading Iraqi company built on Shell’s global best practice. We seek to offer a longer term perspective through offering a balance between financial reward, benefits, working environment and learning and development.
Shell Companies in Iraq provide a technically challenging work environment characterized by operational excellence and new ways of working. It demands people who will thrive in a culture that rewards innovation, collaboration and long term commitment.
The Deputy ICSM undertakes the following core functions in conformance with Shell Corporate Security Group Security Standards (CS GSS):
• Assist the ICSM in establishing,rolling-out and maintaining the Shell GSS,and the eventual Country Security Plan,including the overall policies and procedures,to support ongoing Majnoon Projects operational activities;.
• To be the Deputy ICSM for Iraq,to assist the ICSM in planning and managing all aspects of the Shell exposure in Iraq and to help identify and implement suitable mitigation measures.
• When in station to ensure that Duty of Care protocols are observed and actioned. Oversee and manage the relevant training of all Shell personnel and contractors visiting Iraq.
• When in station to plan,deploy and oversee all security activity and ensure it is aligned to the businesses’ IAP(s).
• When required,advise to EC level on current security challenges for Shell in Iraq and give the VP CS appropriate advice.
• When required,provide pro-active and timely support in accordance with the business needs and on the direction of the Iraq Country Chair.
• When required,advise the Country Chair on prevailing in country atmospherics and extent of the threat.
• When required,to be responsible for the coordination of all HEAT activities and to ensure that the content is kept relevant and consistent with the requirements of Shell staff travelling and operating in Iraq.
• To deputize for the ICSM when out of station and to ensure that there is a POC available for Shell staffs requirements and needs.
• To be an integral member of the project teams for Iraq and to provide all necessary support to the Project Security Managers and the Head of Assessment when needed. Including:
o SIPD Majnoon Field Development.
o Baghdad Operations and strategic engagements.
o Business Development Support (KAR etc)
o Plan and execute all EC level VIP visits to Iraq.
• To have a broad understanding of the above projects and the CS-Iraq wider intent and to ensure that the security delivered is consistent with the CS GSS.
• To ensure all Shell operations are conducted within the guidelines of the VPSHR.
• Assist the ICSM in ensuring Quality Assurance (QA) and Quality Control (QC) of all security activities by conducting regular audits and reviews in relation to all areas of security operations.
• Assist the ICSM in identifying all security threats/ risks and recommend mitigation measures,for all areas of operations. To identify and address the changing security risk profile as Shell Iraq’s project phase’s transition into Full Field Development (FFD),Joint Venture Commencement of Operations (ISG) and exposure increases.
• Support the interface on security matters with other contractors,sub contractors and stakeholders in support of Shell.
• Assist the ICSM develop and provide guidance on the Security organization,risk reduction strategies,contingency planning,awareness and training
The Deputy ICSM should be capable of deputizing for the ICSM and working, liaising and presenting from project to executive level. The successful candidate must also be able to perform to the following standards:
• A high calibre security professional with a minimum of 10 years relevant security experience at senior (country) level, Iraq operational experience (military or PSC) on similar reconstruction projects of similar size and scope, with an associated and demonstrable competence in Security Management is essential.
• Must have excellent communication skills – both written and oral. Must be capable of working, liaising and conducting briefings or presentations from the “fence-line to the boardroom”
• A motivated individual with high levels of energy, excellent team working skills, a "can do" attitude, and when required, be prepared to stretch personal and business goals.
• Demonstrate experience in delivering security in high risk environments.
• Demonstrate experience in the oil and gas industry (or equivalent) in a variety of security related positions.
• Is able to operate effectively within an asymmetrical, multicultural setting, under pressure and able to meet demanding timelines.
• Proven track record in implementing and managing security initiatives in a multi-site environment and across business groups.
• Must be experienced in operational planning of security operations in high threat environments, with particular emphasis on the atmospherics of Southern Iraq.
• Pragmatic, consultative approach combined with expertise in leading edge security practices
• Is a volunteer to deploy to, and operate in Iraq.
• Must have security audit, HSSE and ideally investigation experience.
• Is able to operate effectively within a multicultural setting.
- Job Location:
- Company Industry:
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Full time
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Years of Experience:
- Min: 10
- Residence Location:
About This Company
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies. Our aim is to meet the world's energy needs in ways that are viable, now and in the future. By joining Shell you can help make a difference to the world and get more out of your working life than you thought possible. As a Graduate or a Professional discover the wealth of application opportunities that exist and find your next career move. Learn more at http://www.shell.com/careers.