Design Manager (ID Design)
To manage and develop the Mydesign dept, support strategic decisions, implement sales and project activities to ensure planned revenues are achieved whilst working within budgeted costs.
1. Consistently achieve established sales goals
2. Team with Store Manager, Sales Managers and Associates to promote the Design program and drive overall store sales
3. Monitor, develop, and manage the Interior Design team in all aspects of the projects
4. Maintain strong knowledge of features and benefits of existing and new product line
5. Will ensure the ultimate customer service experience at all times
6. Will be able to network and gain market share and awareness with the appropriate client base to drive revenue
7. Proficient in Microsoft Suite and AutoCAD design programs with the ability to read blue prints and a full knowledge of design Principles
8. Attend trade shows and keep themselves abreast of the furniture market
9. Implement and monitor store operations policies and procedures to ensure full compliance.
10. Keep up to date with market trends pertaining to industry/trade/product category, customer preferences and competitor activities. Ensure stores are up to date on market trends.
11. Ensure optimum staffing levels are maintained across the brand through liaison with the Unit HR Manager.
1. The jobholder requires a background in design or retail management discipline
2. Proven track record in the field of Design and Retailing.
3. Excellent people management, communication skills with ability to develop people.
4. Specialized Design and management training and expertise typically gained over a period of at least 4 years.
5. Natural leader, dynamic
1. Achievement Drive
2. Building Relationships
4. Developing Potential
5. Team Working
6. Conceptual Thinking
8. Serving Customer
- Job Location:
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Company Industry:
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Employment Status:
- Full time
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience:
- Min: 3
- Residence Location:
About This Company
The Easa Saleh Al Gurg Group was founded by the Chairman of the Group, H.E. Easa Saleh Al Gurg CBE in 1960, with the acquisition of the Grundig franchise followed by the British American Tobacco agency. Today, the Group is associated with a number of world renowned companies through joint ventures, franchises and other marketing arrangement. The Group’s list of principals and joint venture partners includes Unilever, Siemens, Dunlop, Burmah Castrol, Grundig, Osram, British American Tobacco and ICI amongst others. The Easa Saleh Al Gurg Group business’ extends to three main verticals namely:- • Trading – Mac Al Gurg, Scientechnic, Al Semsam, Technical & Trading LLC. Target Auto Services, Al Gurg Tires (Dunlop), Batteries and Accessories. • Retail – ID Design, United Colors of Benetton & Sisley, Al Gurg Stationery, OFIS, Interiors and Better life. • Manufacturing – Al Gurg Building Services, Gulf Engineering Industry, Gulf Metal Foundry, Al Gurg Electronics and Al Mashrabia Furniture. Additionally, the Easa Saleh Al Gurg Group’s portfolio includes the Al Gurg Real Estate Division that constitutes one of the largest private property based enterprise in the UAE. The Easa Saleh Al Gurg Group started its journey more than 50 years ago and is now a large corporate enterprise comprising of 23 businesses with over 3,000 committed employees. The Group maintains a strong focus on employee development and has formed an in-house Training and Development Centre. At Easa Saleh Al Gurg (ESAG), we stand tall as an employer of choice for people who bring intense passion and innovative ideas to work every day. We believe there is only one way to win a leadership position. We aim to be the best choice for most customers and the best place to work for the most talented people. Our philosophy is both simple and inclusive. We value people even as we protect our investments. Meritocracy drives our actions, decisions and employee advancements.