Closed or Expired Job Posting This job posting is closed or has expired and is no longer open for applications.
Electrical Engineer | AlFuttaim Engineering | Cairo | Egypt
About the Business:
Al-Futtaim Engineering is multi disciplinary engineering organisation which has been operating throughout the United Arab Emirates since 1974. As a member of the Al-Futtaim Group, we enjoy the benefits of being a part of one of the leading business houses operating in the lower Gulf Region.
Through our five divisions, we offer a wide variety of products and services in the construction, commercial and industrial sectors. Our involvement in numerous large scale projects in the UAE has given us a wealth of experience. From Scaffolding to Elevators and Security Systems to Air-conditioning, Sanityware and Facilities Management, the Al-Futtaim name spells quality & reliability.
Due to the continuous success AlFuttaim Engineering decided to expand operations in Egypt
About the Job:
The following are the key accountabilities of the job:
* Study the tender/for construction documents (electrical and related disciplines) in detail and develop clear understanding of scope, details and responsibilities.
* Coordinate & liaise with main contractor, consultants, suppliers and other sub-contractors and attend daily/weekly coordination meetings.
* Responsible for protecting/maintaining company's interests in terms of commercial, technical, quality & safety aspects to highest standards
* Manage the site staff and lead the team imparting clear objectives and motivation to achieve targeted results
* Manage the day to day site activities including implementation of method statements review of material requisitions, material management, house keeping etc
* Maintain a good understanding of project priorities & programme and plan weekly/daily work allocations effectively to optimise operating costs.
* Ensure that works are done safely and as per approved drawings/ schematics/ specifications and carryout all related documentation as per the project requirements.
* Ensure that all works are tested and commissioned as per the project requirements, results are recorded, inspected and approved by consultants
To be successful in winning this role, the following are the prerequisites:
* Degree in Electrical Engineering
* Ability to effectively communicate and coordinate with foremen/charge hands and command respect and confidence
* Ability to coordinate with other contractors, main contractor & consultant engineers and resolve issues of conflict in a tactful and professional manner.
* Ability to understand commercial aspects and highlight additional works/variations to superiors.
* Thorough knowledge and experience in the installation of LV electrical, lighting control, fire alarm & voice evacuation, PA/BGM, BMS & controls, Telephone/Data, Central battery Emergency lighting, MATV, security, structured cabling, earthing & Lightning protection systems
* Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
- Job Location:
- Company Industry:
- Management; Engineering
- Company Type:
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role:
- Joining Date:
- Employment Status:
- Employment Type:
- Monthly Salary Range:
- Manages Others:
- Number of Vacancies:
- Career Level:
- Years of Experience:
- Residence Location:
About This Company
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim is one of the most progressive regional business houses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Structured into six divisions; automotive, retail, electronics, engineering and technology, real estate, financial services and general services, Al-Futtaim operates through more than 60 companies and maintains a decentralised approach, giving individual businesses flexibility and versatility to maintain a competitive stance.
Employing in excess of 20,000 people across the UAE, Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman, Egypt, Syria, Pakistan, Singapore and Europe, this approach benefits employees, providing a clearly defined work culture where individuals are empowered with authority and responsibility for their work.
The success of Al-Futtaim is attributed to proactively managing change whilst upholding the values of integrity, service and social responsibility. The majority of businesses, built on a portfolio of world leading brands, dominate their sector.